Recovery

Maya's Pov

I wake up to find Demi gone. She's probably talking to the doctor.. My oxygen was removed, and I'm finally breathing normally again. There's still a pain in my chest. I have to get better. I have to get out of here. I still can't talk, but my gosh everything hurts. I can't even eat. The nurses tried to feed me, but I refused, so they inserted a feeding tube in my nose. It burned, and I was gagging and crying.Tears ran down my face, I felt bigger, and bigger by the moment. I felt disgusted. 'Stop! it hurts stop I want Demi!" I scream. Demi comes rushing into my room, and she grabs my hand. "I don't want this, I-I'm fat," I sob almost hyperventilating. "Calm down, it's okay," she says. "You're not fat at all, Maya. You are small." I shake my head. "Yes you are," Demi tries to convince me. "Listen, I used to struggle so much with my body image that I became a bulimic for a long time, the bullies at school used to make fun of me for my weight, and it hurt me on so many levels, that I started cutting. It wasn't until rehab, that I learned that what they said was wrong, and they were jealous of my confidence and inner beauty, so that's why they taunted me. I learned that I needed to accept my body the way it naturally eyes, and I had to gain a lot of weight, and I used to be so ashamed, but I'm not ashamed anymore, I'm feeling very confident with myself. The mirror lies, it doesn't tell you what's on the inside," Demi says, and she points to my heart. "Demi, you're beautiful just the way you are, I'm sorry that that happened," I say. It stuns me how much Demi has gone through. "It's okay, I'm stronger now," she says. Demi, it's different you're so pretty, and nice but not me. Please, tell them to take the tube out." I say. "Only if you start eating," Demi says. I nod. "I'll start eating a little, but not a lot, but I WON'T gain weight," I say. Demi sighs and says, "Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it's something that it doesn't get a day off. You have to try and do your best, and eat everything that they give you because you need it right now." "Thank you, Demi," I say, and I hug her.