First Date

Maya's Pov

I walked in the house holding Lucas's hand, and everyone is staring. Lucas walks to Wilmer and Demi and asks, "I wanted to ask you if I could go out with Maya tomorrow?" Demi and Wilmer look at each other, and Wilmer steps forward and says "When i'm dead," and I gasp, and then Demi steps forward. "Wilmer stop. Lucas, it's okay, you mean a lot to Maya, and I'm granting you permission to go out with my daughter. For Maya," she says, and I'm beaming so I hug her tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you!!" I say. "But, you can only go if it's a double date, you have to bring your friends. I look up at Lucas, and he says "It's okay Maya, Riley can go with Farkle, and Dylan can go with Zay. We'll make it a triple date." "Thank you Willmer." I shouted.The next day, we go to Topanga's restaurant, and I sit next to Lucas. I say "So?" "So it's us," Lucas says. "Yeah we're all here," Riley says smiling. It feels very awkward, but I'm also feeling very comfortable with them. "Thank you for making this such a good night!" "Of course Maya," Lucas says, and I smile, and there's butterflies in my stomach cause we're sitting so close. A tear rolls down my face, and Lucas wipes it away saying "What's the matter?" "It's nothing, I'm fine," I say. "I'm actually really happy." Lucas said " I made you happy. The best thing." I smile, and then Dylan says, "So lovebirds.. Let's order." We order, and then continue talking. "For once in my life I'm happy to eat," I say, and we all start eating, and I'm finally able to eat solid food. Demi will be so proud. When I get home, Demi's alone in the living room. I knew something was up. "Mom, what's wrong, you look sad," I say. And Demi looks up at me. "I'm sorry Maya, but we have to go to court next week with your dad, so that I can earn full custody over you, and so that your dad can go to jail for all the crimes that he committed," she says seriously. My heart is pounding. "MOM please please I don't want to go!! Please!" I beg. There are tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Maya, we have to," she says. And then I know. I haven't done it in a month, but it's time. I have to. I run up to my room, grab the knife hidden in my drawer. I have to be careful not only is Demi, and Wilmer close, But Demi's family is still here.. But, i dig and dig and i can't do it. I can't take looking at his smirk and I know he'll try to hurt me. Tears run down my face, and blood rolls down my arms faster, and faster my vision begins to get blurry..

Demi's Pov

I know she's not okay. She must be so scared. I walk up the stairs and knock on the door. "Maya?" I ask. And she doesn't reply, and I open the door, and I find her on the floor, and I cover my face with my hands barely breathing. I yell, "Help!" my voice cracks, and I kneel down the ground, and my family runs in, I try to pick up Maya and lay her on the bed. Her eyes flutter open. Tears roll down her eyes and she says "Why?!" "Because you're worth it to me, and I want to make sure you're safe, and I want you to be mine so we have to do this.." I say. Maya says "You always save me.. Each time..." My family was crying and were all watching." My mom tries to clean up her cuts, and Maya flinches, and I say "It's okay, almost done." Maya then says, "Are you mad at me Mom? I relapsed... I'm not supposed to cut, but I did.. I'm sorry." I said "Never, I'm not mad." I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I can't control myself I go into panic," Maya says. "Maya you're worth more than harming yourself," I say, and I truly mean it. Nobody deserves to harm themselves. "Maya, I know you're in pain, and I understand that because I've been where you're at, I've relapsed and harmed myself, and I want you to know that I forgive you, and we all make mistakes, it's not a perfect life," I tell her, and she grabs my hand. "Do you promise you'll try your hardest not to self harm?" I ask her. Maya says "I promise, but If I feel really panicked you'll understand, and you will let me. For a second?" Demi hesitates looking lost for words, and she says, "No, there are better coping skills that you can use, Maya. Cutting isn't good for your body." Maya nods her head and she says "Gosh, my arms hurt." She starts to look at everyone and started to realizes they were staring.. "We all care about you, we're here and we support you in your journey of recovery," I tell her. Maya says "I'm sorry guys, I d-don't want to make a scene or anything. I really am sorry," she says starting to tear up. "We forgive you," I say wiping her tears.