Court

Maya's Pov

"Honey, you wrote in your diary.. When someone hurts you so bad, you stop hurting at all.." the lawyer says. She comes to me where I'm sitting. "What were you talking about?" she asks. I look at Demi in the audience who's looking sympathetically at me nodding gently. I wipe a tear, and the judge interjects, and my thoughts drift away.

Once upon a time.. There was a girl who was being torn apart. Maybe you never thought your path would cross these valley. Or be led up these mountains. But no one can break the inside of me. And no one will tell me who I will be.

I start to cry silently taking deep breathes. My dad is shouting and lying and giving me evil glares. I walk over to sit with Demi, and she pulls me into her lap, and I lean my head on her chest, my tears dripping down from my face. Finally, we get to leave. But when I see the texts, I break once more. Did I really ruin Demi. Her family was sweet, because they came to support us at the court. Demi bends down saying "What's wrong?" "I'm broken Demi," I say. "I'm broken, and I ruin everything. Your fans want me gone, want me dead and maybe they're right, maybe I should just greet death," i say starting to cry. Demi bends down and says, "Just because you're broken now doesn't mean, you will always be broken, and those people who are saying those things to you, are not my fans.." I say "Yes they are. And all you are your family are doing is getting me comfortable and then you can leave and break me just like everyone!" "MAYA! Never!" i shake my head. I start to turn away, but Demi gently says, "You will always be little girl, no matter how broken and hurt you are, you are mine, I love you, and you worthy of life and all the love in the world." Nobody has ever said that to me before. I wrap my arms around Demi's neck. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry!" I cry, " I can't do this, I'm hurting you every second, I'm sorry," I sob over and over again. "You're not hurting me, you're the most wonderful thing that's happened to me, you're an angel, and I wish you knew how beautiful you are. You can overcome and get through anything. Your life has meaning," Demi says. And she guides me up to my room. "Get some rest, Maya, I'll be downstairs if you need anything.." She says. "We're not going to the concert?!" i exclaim. "No not tonight," Demi says. "Your safety is more important to me, and I need to be here." So I drift off to sleep feeling guilty and ashamed. I will prove to Demi that I can be strong like her. I will take her advice, and apply it to my life.

"