17

The drama between me and Gerald had finally stop and it's been years since we talked. Gerald broke up with Devon and now is touring. And me and clay are still together enjoying our time together. Lately we've been on vacation before he heads back to summer pre-season. I woke up and it was about maybe 9:30 I looked over to my side to see him sleeping so I let him sleep and decided to go downstairs and make some breakfast. Knowing there was nothing in the fridge to make, I got the truck keys and left to the store. Once I got to the store just shopping for food minding my own business until I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and I see a face I didn't want to see again...ever. It was Gerald, we just stood and just stare at eachother, non if us talking.
"How have you been Monica?" Gerald asked.
"I've been good gerald, congrats on your new album."
"That's good, and thank you its doing good so far."
We stood there not knowing what to say.
"I know this might sound really bad, but I just wanted to ask if you still with clay?'
I was shocked on what he said. Why would he care? Did he still have feelings for me? Or is this all fake?
"Yeah me and clay are still together." I said with a smile.
"Oh cool cool, well I gotta go it was nice seeing you monica."
"Its nice seeing you to Gerald." I said as we went our separate ways. Not knowing what just happened.

After I put the groceries away in the car I got in the driver side and just sat there. Sat there thinking what the hell just happen. I needed answers, I needed to know why was he here in Wisconsin? Was here for the fist game of the season on Sunday to have another chance to talk to me privately?
I decided to not think about it and start heading home, clay probably up and wondering where am at.
I got home seeing clay wasn't downstairs so he's probably still sleeping. I started putting the grooves away and it took a while after almost finishing putting them away I felt two arms snake around my waist knowing who it was. I smiled at myself and turned around to see clay. I out my arms around his neck as our foreheads touched.
"Good morning babe." He says
"Morning you want some breakfast?" I asked him letting go and heading to the stove.
"That would be great thank you." He said and I gave him a smile.
"You know Monica we should go out for a swim later on before I leave."
Oh yeah he's leaving for summer practice before the actual season to start, and I know he wanted to spend more time with me before it ends.
"Yeah that would be great." I said to him while making breakfast. After we ate breakfast clay left to the gym with a couple of friends so I had the house to myself.
I sat there going threw my Instagram scrolling down and seeing that Gerald is staying in Wisconsin until Monday and I felt my stomach turn and do many things...hopefully he doesn't go to the Sunday game. Cause I know flat would be mad and cause a big deal which we don't need right now, the official season will start and we need to be positive. I heard the door opening and seeing clay there heading to the pool and so did I as we promised to swim today.

😴😴😴😴

Short story I know but its been awhile since I updated. Its probably going to take me awhile to catch up but just know this book is almost over and I might start a new one. Not sure yet let me know on the comments!

😴😴😴😴