Chapter 3: Three insults

(y/n)'s pov.

We went on a mission that pays 3 million jewels. It was a rather hard job. But i didn't say anything about it in front of Rogue cause he would make fun of me.

Rogue's pov.

On our way, (y/n) felt on the floor because she tripped on something. I found it kinda cute...
"Look in front of you when you're walking. Stupid." i said as Sting helped her up. It surprised me that she didn't reply.

3rd person pov.

(y/n), Rogue and Sting were walking silently. When they arrived to the village, they headed to the mayor's mansion. On the way they saw burnt houses.

(y/n)'s pov.

At the mayor's mansion, he explained that there's a monster burning houses. "We sure can deal with it" i said "We're Sabertooth mages after all!!"

Since that monster only come at night, we needed to gather some information. Sting and Rogue followed me to a house. I knocked on the door. It opened slowly. "Hello!! Do you mind giving us informations about the fire monster?" I asked. The woman in the house screamed then shut the door.
"Good job (y/n)...you scared her with your ugly face" Rogue said.

Rogue's pov.

"Good job (y/n)...you scared her with your ugly face" I said. Again, no reply... We decided to wait till night.
At 10:00 pm we heard a loud roar. It was the monster. It was so big!!! We started attacking it. It shot fire at (y/n). She didn't dodge it. I jumped on her pushing her away.

3rd person pov.

Rogue pushed (y/n) and landed on top of her. Their faces were so close. (y/n) was blushing a lot. "You're useless if you can't defend yourself from flames." Rogue said as he got up. The (h/c) haired girl got up. They carried on the fight. When they beat the monster, the whole village came cheering.

The three mages took the train. The whole ride, (y/n) couldn't stop thinking while the dragon slayers were dealing with their motion sickness. (y/n) was hurt. Not from the monster, but from Rogue's words "Look in front of you when you're walking. Stupid." "Good job (y/n)...you scared her with your ugly face" "You're useless if you can't defend yourself from flames." These three insults stabbed her in the heart. Normally she liked their quarrels, but this time, it hurted her really much. She just wanted to run away and never see him again. Even thought he hurted her a lot, she couldn't get herself to hate him.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

So hello everyone. Hope you like this story. I'm gonna try to upload every day one or two chapters. Thanks for reading!!