Accused

Accused

2013 © All Rights Reserved

When Alyssa is accused of killing someone, she must recall the events of that night and clear her name. As she goes deeper into the night, a dark secret is revealed.

Two men sat across from the teenage girl, only a metal table keeping them a short distance from each other. While the detectives looked clean-cut and professional, the teenage girl, Alyssa looked opposite. Hair frizzed, torn clothes, bags under her eyes, bruises and scratches all over her body, then there was the blood on her clothing that made her look suspicious. She barely looked up at them, her eyes were distant, as if she were in a different universe away from reality.

Detective Lane looked over at his partner, Detective Bentley, communicating with their eyes. Bentley let out a sigh before he turned to Alyssa. She still had her head down, her dark red hair falling in front of her face. "Alyssa Linet, is it?"

She popped her head up as if she was just startled. With a shaky, raspy voice she spoke, "Yes." Lane passed her a cup of water. "Thanks." She took a sip and cleared her throat.

"So would you like to tell me what happened last night, Ms. Linet?"

Her grip tightened on the paper cup making water spill onto the table. "Janie is dead." Her lower lip began to quiver. "They murdered her!" She screamed, covering her face with her hands and whimpering into them.

"Who killed her?" Lane asked, his folded hands resting on the cold table. Bentley took out a notepad and pen from his coat pocket.

"Six of them.. There, there was six of them." She said as she removed her hands from her face. Her eyes were puffy and red, making her blue eyes seem even more bright.

Bentley scribbled on his yellow notepad, then averted his eyes up to Alyssa, waiting for her to speak more.

"Do you happen to know the names of the six people?"

"Only one."

With hopeful eyes, the detective leaned closer to her. "Tell me."

"Ashley." She said, staring off into space again. " Her and her friends attacked us." She winced as she moved her body back into the chair."

"Why would they attack you?" Bentley asked her.

Alyssa moved her eyes to the other detective who spoke. "Me and Janie knew them, we went to school with them. Her and the stone-bones hated us ever since Janie and I told teachers about the drugs in Ashley's locker. Our tattle got her expelled. No one was suppose to know it was us, but somehow Ashley found out."

"Stone-bones?"

"It's something I call the stoners at my school." She shrugged her shoulders.

Bentley nodded his head, writing down more notes, while continuing to talk. "You went to school with all six of them and only know one of their names?" He questioned.

"I used to know all of their names, but right now I can't remember." Alyssa reached up to her head, feeling a knot.

"Why not?"

"I think they hit me really hard."

Lane butted into the conversation. "Wanna know what I think?"

"Do I have a choice of hearing your opinion?"

"I don't believe you, I think you have a part in this, I didn't know you and Janie even talked to each other, so why don't you just go through the whole night with us?"

Alyssa's eyes seemed uncertain, but she relaxed her shoulders, taking in a deep breath then letting it out. "We weren't best friends, just normal friends, but I'll try. The whole night is sort of fuzzy." She fiddled with her fingers before going into story-mode. "Janie and I were going to a party we were invited to. I remember Janie was talking about how bad she was because she snuck out for the first time."