Captivity

Captivity (Part Two to Kidnapped)

2015 © All Rights Reserved

It's been a few months and Maddie is still alive with her kidnapper, but will she be able to finally escape?

A picture of a girl appeared on the screen before Bill usually switched to his shows he'd watch whenever he'd get home from work. The picture made him stop. "Her name is Maddie Crowell and she's been missing for just over three months. Still, the officers have no leads on the case. If you have any information, we urge you to call the number on the screen," Bill looked at the number on his television then his eyes averted back to the woman talking. "It was said that she was out for her morning jog whenever the teenager went missing. It wasn't till her mother returned home from her audition for a role casting in a brand new horror flick did she realize that her own life was about to turn into one. More information when we get back." The newscaster's face disappeared along with the fake tone of sympathy.

Bill laid in his bed, wondering about the missing girl. How could someone take her in broad daylight? How is it possible to do it without any witnesses? His eyes closed but yet, Maddie Crowell didn't leave his mind. His dreams were starting to be plagued with her innocent eyes and naive mind.

He didn't know how a girl he had just seen on the news could mess with his mind so badly, only worsening with time. Could it be that it was because it was something that happened in his town? He didn't know.

Kids are too trusting. He told himself before he shut his eyes and escaped to a lucid world of nightmares awaiting for him.

"Hey.. mister, can you please help?" It was a voice he hadn't recognized. It was soft and pure, it was like an innocence he's never heard in his life. The purity was twisted with terror and it made him scared for the feminine voice calling out for him.

It was dark and he couldn't see. He couldn't feel anything around. There wasn't a slight brisk of cold wind to hit his shoulders, there was no crunch of leaves or dirt smudged in between his toes. No smells of nature or the familiar smells of the towns.. there was nothing, he felt like he was floating in a never ending black void with the terrifying pleas of a young girl to help her echoing from all around him.

"Can you please help me? A man.. he's taken me and I'm scared," Her voice turned from screams to a soft cry for help, "please."

Bill opened his mouth to respond to her in an attempt to calm her down, but no sound would emerge. No matter how much he pushed and begged himself, no words of comforting would emit from his lips.

"I know you're there, whoever you are! Please answer me.. I don't know what to do," she yelled, her cry for help turning her voice raspy, "I don't know how much longer I have, he's been losing his temper."

"Do you know where you are?" His voice finally obeyed and it came out softer than he anticipated.

But nonetheless she still heard his question, "Yes, I am near the orange-" the voice faltered, disappeared, the surroundings around him faded away. He was ripped from the abyss of his dreams and brought into the darkness of his room. Crickets let themselves be known outside his house while the cold air from outside seeped into his room from the window which was cracked open just a little.

Bill sat up, rubbing his face with his hands, digging out the crust at the corners of his eyes. He yawned and looked out the window, it was still night time. The clock on his nightstand confirmed he hadn't been asleep long. It was 10:00pm. Only an hour of sleep. He groaned.

"Fuck," he whispered to himself, aggravated that he had to wake up at the worst time. All he had to go by was the word orange. What could it mean? Orange what? It was just a dream, but he couldn't help but think in his mind that it meant something. There was no way he could take this information to the police, they'd call his rants crazy then he would be known as the madman who pretends to know where the missing girl is.