Knock

Knock (Part Two to Help Me)

2014 © All Rights Reserved

When Hank and his family hear a knock on their door, they're unaware of the horror to come.

Lucy, Hank's and Patricia's sixteen year old daughter sat on the computer in the living room while her parents watched television. Hank's arm rested around Patricia as she snuggled close up to him, her head laying on his shoulder.

Low beeps came from the computer and Lucy stared intently at the screen before her fingers pressed against the keyboard quickly.

"Who are you talking to?" Hank asked his daughter.

She turned around to see both of her parents looking at her from the couch. "Jessie." She said.

"How's she doing? I haven't seen her around here in a couple weeks." Patricia joined into the conversation.

"Exams. She's been busy studying so her mom hasn't let her come over here until exams are over." Lucy said as she scooted the chair away from the computer desk. "I'm going to my room." She began to walk away.

"You okay?" Hank asked, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Yeah, why?" She wondered.

"Nothing, you just don't normally go to sleep so early." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm just really tired. Coach made us do laps the whole class." And with that, her parents waved off the subject and let her walk to her room.

"Goodnight sweetie." Her mom called out to her, hoping she was still in earshot of hearing.

"Night." She yelled back and walked down the hall to her bedroom. As she walked in, a big smile came up on her lips. She locked the door behind her and looked directly at the person in her room. "Hey babe." Her hands rested on her girlfriend's waist, Jessie. "My parents were just asking about you." She pulled her close to where their bodies were pressed up against each other and planted a kiss right on her lips.

"Do they suspect anything about us?" Jessie asked.

Lucy shook her head, strands of her hair, whipping Jessie in the face. "Nope, they're still clueless and I'd like to keep it that way. If they knew about us, they'd kill me. Or even worse."

"What's worse than dying?" She asked, her head slightly tilted to the side.

"Not being able to see you." Lucy's remark made Jessie's cheeks turn a bright pink, her teeth showed as she smiled hugely.

"You're so good to me." Jessie squeezed her tightly into a hug.

Lucy hugged her back just as tightly, the smell of her girlfriend's sweet perfume invading her nostrils. "I know." She said with confident attitude. "I thought you were studying for exams."

The both of them sat on Lucy's bed, chatting away.

"I finished studying for today so I thought to drop by." Her fingers ran through Lucy's blonde hair, staring into her hazel eyes. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you t-" Lucy was cut off by the sound of a knock. Jessie let go of Lucy quickly and went to hide but her girlfriend stopped her, gripping on her wrist. "That wasn't a knock on my door."

"Where did it come from?" Jessie asked, looking out Lucy's window. She couldn't see any new cars in the driveway.

"The front door." Lucy responded then opened her door to walk out of the room. "Stay here." She whispered then tiptoed down the the hallway, listening to her parents.