02.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
-Dr. Suess

######

Ariela sat alone in a grey room and after a three months of solitude, she learned to keep herself busy by annoying the guards who were on shift. She was moved into solitude after attacking a guard who was giving her and Octavia attitude. The guard ended up with a busted lip and a black eye, and her with just a bloody nose.

When she was younger, her father had taught her how defend herself seeing as he was apart of the guard and people would go after her to get to him and the council. After he passed away, she kept up her training, sometimes even sneaking into self-defense classes. With her knives, she was pretty much unstoppable, unless you wanted her to kill someone. Then she refused to do it.

Ariela sang loudly trying to catch the attention of the guard on shift. She was dancing around, her hands in the air. She had on her usual attire: a black leather jacket, a black cut off shirt, and a pair of black tight jeans, seeing as they rarely ever provided her with a change of clothes. Her black combat boots were the only piece of clothing that had been with her since she had first been arrested. And despite all the inspections that they gave, none had ever found her twin knives. The two knives were always hidden; they were either hidden in her boots- which they were in at the moment -, her waist, or even tucked inside the bed. She refused to let them take the last things she had from her father.

The steel door behind her opened and quickly she stopped, not wanting to be embarrassed by her dancing. Two guards entered the room. Her head tilted to the side wondering why two guards were needed when usually only one entered

"Prisoner 4-2-1, face the wall and hold out your arm," The older guard of the two demanded stepping forward, with a metal bracelet in his arm.

Her brown eyes narrowed, "Why? Am I being floated? I still have five days until I turn 18."

"Do as you're told," The second guard said, glaring at the prisoner.

"What're you gonna do about it?" She retorted crossing her arms over her chest.

Both men stepped forward at the same time causing her to take a step back. In sync, they both took out their electric batons and threateningly looked at her, trying to intimidate her into following  their orders. Of course, it didn't work.

"Hold out your arm," the older one repeated.

Ariela held her stance, looked him straight in the eye and uttered one single word. "No."

Within a second, she pushed the younger guard and held her foot against the back of his ankle causing him to fall onto his back and she ran past him, out into the the prison station. She froze when she saw more people, her age and younger, being taken out from their rooms, being sent away by other guards. She turned away and tried to run again, when she felt a shock travel up her back. The brunette fell to the ground; she was floating in and out of consciousness but again was shocked out of it when she felt a sharp pain on her right wrist.

She lifted herself up to get a look at what they had put on her, when she felt a small prick on her neck and felt herself fall and hit the floor hard. Slowly, the world around her started fading, until a few seconds after it had completely turned black and she was no longer conscious to the world.

######

When Ariela began to gain consciousness, she felt the effect of the drugs that cause her to fall unconscious. Her head fell to the side as she let out a groan from the pain in her neck. She felt a sharp stinging sensation; the same one she had felt before they drugged her. Immediately, she tried to stand but was only held back by something around her body.