09.

"To the stars who listen. And the dreams that are answered."

-Sarah J Maas

######
It had been a whole day since Ariela woke up next to Bellamy and snuck out before he could wake up. Her skills from sneaking around for most of her life came in handy as she left his tent soundlessly as the sun was just beginning to rise. Since then she avoided most, if not all, contact with him. Her quickly growing feelings for him were giving her cause to worry. In a time and place like the one she was in, there was no time for feelings and men.

She stood by Charlotte helping the young girl tie knots around the large pieces of wood, watching people run around listening to Bellamy's and Murphy's orders. They were helping build a fence to protect them. After Wells was killed by grounders while on watch everyone had gotten more scared and cautious and had became more motivated to build a fence to keep them safe. Charlotte and Ariela both kept quiet as they did their part of the work. Both girls found comfort in the silence, especially Ariela since she did not do well interacting with younger children.

She could see from the corner of her eye Bellamy and Murphy talking and she could feel his stare on her. She refused to meet his eye as she looked around camp every few minutes to see the progress that was being made.

Two young boys were passing by holding the trunk of a large tree to be able the fence, when the boy in the back fell on his knees exhausted from all the work and the lack of nutrition. Ariela turned to help him up as Murphy shouted for attention. He began walking towards the boy and Ariela, angrily.

As he walked closer, Murphy scowled at the fallen boy. "Do you think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girls do the lifting for you, huh?"

"Excuse me?" Ariela scoffed, "I don't see you helping with any of the heavy lifting. He just needs some water and rest. Maybe you can help out, instead of just standing around like a useless dope."

From behind Murphy, Ariela spotted Bellamy walking forward and just as Murphy open his mouth to retaliate, Bellamy stopped him.

"Murphy, "Bellamy said, "get this guy some water." He commanded. "Hey, you got this?" He asked Charlotte.

The young girl immediately reacted. She bent down reaching for the large tree trunk. Ariela raised her eyebrows at the older Blake sibling before stopping the girl and reaching for the tree trunk herself. In now way was a 13 year old girl going to help carry a heavy tree trunk to the other side of the camp.

"Hey," he stopped Ariela's hand, "I'm just kidding."

He smiled softly at the two girls as he picked up the tree trunk and threw it over his shoulder. He glanced over at Ariela as he began to walk away. "Meet me in my tent in five minutes."

Ariela gave him a slight nod, nervous as to what he wanted to talk to her about. She knew what was coming, but wasn't fully prepared. In all her life, she never fell for someone like she has for this one boy - no not boy, she thought to her self, a man. Ariela could only describe Bellamy as a man. There was nothing about him that screamed 'boy' to her.

After giving a quick bye to Charlotte, she headed to his tent, passing by Murphy as he walked back empty handed after Bellamy's order to give the other boy water. She rolled her eyes at him as he passed making sure to bump shoulders with him on her way.

######

Bellamy made Ariela wait a few minutes longer than what he said, but there she sat on his bed in his tent. Her hand lay in her lap as she nervously played with her nails, a bad habit that she formed when she was a child. All she could think about was what Bellamy wanted to say to her.

She knew she shouldn't have snuck out so early in the morning but she couldn't face him after a night with him like that. He was her best friends brother after all. She could only imagine what Octavia would think if they got together so quickly and especially in a time and place like the one they were in. It would only allow for another weakness for her, but she couldn't help how she was feeling for him.

As she twisted her fingers, digging them under her nails, she heard the sound of the tent entrance move. Immediately she stood and turned to face who she knew would be Bellamy and just for a minute or two, they stood there, both just staring at each other and just taking each other in.

Ariela's eyes fell to his lips and all she could think about at that moment was rushing forward and putting her lips on his. She directed all her self control to stop from doing just that and stood there hugging herself.

"We need to talk."

She sighed at the sound of his voice and simply nodded. She knew this was coming, she looked down. A man like that would never want to be with someone like her. A lowlife thief, a simple girl.

Bellamy walked to her and touch his hand just under her chin and lifted her head. He looked into her eyes. "Have you been avoiding me?"

She took a step back and shook her head, looking up at his chocolate brown eyes. Wow, she thought to herself, his eyes are beautiful.

"Ariela, are you lying to me?"  He asked sternly as if speaking to a child.

"No," she whispered. He stared at her. "Okay, maybe, yes."

"Why?"

She ran her hands through her hair. "Because Bellamy! I don't understand what's happening and how I'm feeling!" She sat down on the bed that she had spent the night on before. Her head landed in her hands. "We've known each for about 5 days and I have these feelings towards you that I can't explain!"

Bellamy stood there, quietly, staring at the girl who just spilled her emotions. For being the one known as Robin Hood, she didn't know how to keep her emotions in check, but then again she did spend most of her life living in vents away from others.

Silence filled the tent for a few minutes and just as Ariela looked up to say something else, Octavia came running into the tent.

Both their heads snapped to the young girl as she her eyes went back and forth between them both. Her breathing rough after having ran to look for her brother.

Ariela quickly stood up, "What's going on, O?"

"I need you both to come to the main tent. There's something you need to see."

######
Hey guys!
So after much much going back and forth I decided to get back into writing the story. I can't promise the updates will be quick seeing as I'm working and also have school to focus on but I will try!

If you guys have any ideas or anything you'd like to see feel free to comment or message me your idea!

Please don't hate me!

Comment, vote, and follow!
Bye!