03.

"Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground."
-Teddy Roosevelt

######

Ariela stood in the middle of a field a few feet away from the drop ship, her face up towards the sky and eyes closed. She had been standing like this for a few minutes despite all the judging stares she'd been getting. She had her arms out, her jacket was thrown onto the floor beside her. She wanted to feel the sun directly hitting her skin and warmth of it heating up her body. All the things she read when she was younger had nothing on the feeling she felt at that moment. The feelings of peace and happiness washed over. Never again would she have to deal with people after her. The feeling of being chased was gone, having to hide in janitor closets and vents was over. She was free to do anything she wanted and right at that moment she knew that the metal bracelet on her wrist had to be taken off for her to fully be free.

She felt a soft hand take hers and pull her from her spot, interrupting the moment of freedom she was having and pulling her back into reality, where she had to deal with immature people. Her brown eyes snapped open and looked to the person pulling her. Walking in front of her was Octavia, her confidence in full swing as she pulled Ariela and followed her brother to where he began walking which seemed to be where Clarke and Jaha's son stood at the drop ship door. Seeing as she had no choice, Ariela let Octavia pull her to wherever she wanted to take her and despite her want to stay away from drama she knew would occur, she was dragged into it.

Ariela could see the trouble rising before it had even started. They stopped as soon as Bellamy did.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" He called attracting the attention of the two privileged teenagers and the group who seemed to be there just to prove their worth.

The dark skinned boy looked around for a second before answering Bellamy. "We need to find Mount Weather. " Clarke began to follow him as Wells Jaha began to walk forward. "You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority."

Ariela let her brown eyes roll as Octavia spoke. "Screw your father. What, you thing you're in charge here, you and your little princess?" Ariela let out a small chuckle at her words causing Octavia to grin at her.

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Clarke spoke up and all attention went to her. "We need to get to Mount Weather. Not because the Chancellor said so," She began to speak to the entire crowd of people who began circling around them. "But because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now."

"Yeah, I'm actually getting pretty hungry," Ariela said holding a hand to her stomach.

Everyone except Octavia, who seemed to be the only who heard her, ignored the brunette and continued to listen to the two people who were trying to convince the others what to do. And of course the next to speak was the man standing next to the two best friends and dressed in a guards uniform.

"I got a better idea. You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

The group of people surrounding them all called out a 'yeah' agreeing to what Bellamy said.

"You're not listening. We all need to go." Wells spoke up again trying to start a speech of his own when he was interrupted by John Murphy pushing him forward.

Ariela knew who we was, she knew who most people were. She spent almost a decade helping their families survive. Most people here owed her their life, including John Murphy.