Nine

"I'M IMPRESSED, Kailum did a very good job." Cheyenne judges the decoration. I'm impressed as well but I'm just excited to start dancing and see who won prom King and Queen. Apparently they kept all the nominees a secret, which means anyone can win and become prom royalty. I don't really believe in 'Prom Royalty' but I find it funny. If I became prom queen, I'd probably laugh.
We sit around a round shaped desk and start sipping on punch. Talking about the after-party. I'm excited too but I'm extremely nervous. What if the cops come and ruin everything and ban us from drinking till we finally turn twenty-one or what if someone dies from alcohol OD!
"Stop overthinking, tonight's going to be awesome." Ross reassures me with his husky whisper. We look into each other's eyes and I end up smiling shyly. Oh gosh, we're just sipping on some tangy punch.
"Can we just go hit the dance floor? Please!" I rise from my seat and start dancing to Calvin Harris and Rihanna's new hit, This Is What You Came For. Honestly love the song and dancing to it is way more fun then listening to it.

The night is young and we've been dancing since we step foot here. Two hours straight! Honestly had a great time but now the whole anxiety of Prom Royalty kicks in. Well, not for me. For the other girls who have dreamed to be queen. I'm just a newbie weirdo who came into this mess called high school.
"Alright. You guys voted and now it's time to name our Prom King and Queen." Everyone cheers once Mrs Sparks has said that. Karisma and Cheyenne grab my hands, is this really happening?
"Our Prom King is, Ross Jenkins!" Ross jumps out of nowhere and steps on stage, not allowing Morgan to put his crown on him. He grab the crown and puts it one his head and all the jocks, including Greg and Austin, cheer for him. Ross starts to look for something in the crowd but once he sees me, he smiles and bows. I blow him a kiss and wave.
"Now the moment we've all been waiting for, who's going to be Ross' queen? And the prom Queen is, Phoebe Grey!" She yells then frowns. I'm as shocked as she is. The boys start cheering me on but the girls just stay silent, except for my friends obviously. I awkwardly shuffle my way to the stage and find Ross waiting for me, holding the crown in his hands. When I walk closer to him, he places the crown on my head and kisses my lips softly and an eruption of loud cheers comes out of the Lakeside seniors.
"You'll always be my kooky queen," he pecks my forehead and chuckles. I'm in shock but I can't stop laughing.

"FOLLOW JANICE TO THAT BUS AND THE REST OF YOU, come on in!" I yell excitedly. Everyone walks into the party bus and it's club dark with strobing colorful lights. Loud music is being played and there's dirty dancing. I'm dancing too but not as dirty as the other girls.