Chapter X : Silence

It has been half a month since Yuki confessed to Hiyama-san.

Since then she hasn't been concentrating on anything and she also started eating less. Yuki is that kind of girl. Keeping everything to herself while acting tough outside... She's also been avoiding Hiyama-san and, probably her sister, Aki-san too?
I'm sure she's in a state of depression and desperation, although,...silently.

I keep having this urge to make her smile and cheer her up. It's just that every time I see her, it also pains me. Doesn't it feel like I'm just taking advantage of the situation to win her over?...

Wait, no!! Another stupid mistake! I'm not and I'll never ever fall in love with that idiot! Everything I've done is just to express my feeli-... Ahem..pity for her.

My brain hasn't been functioning well either, since that confession. Seeing Yuki cry was already painful, yet she keeps acting like this and always plastering a fake smile which maddens me!

However..it isn't my business, right? So I don't need to and I don't have any right to interfere. But!.. I just can't watch Yuki like this...
My inner thoughts keep fighting each other continuously, deciding whether or not to help Yuki.

And yes, you guessed it. The answer is a 'yes.' Although I do admit it's a burden, I can't stand and watch Yuki suffer either. Just like last time, when I decided to encourage her to confess.

It's not like it's a wrong thing, right?? It's my duty as a friend  to help her.

Hazel brown hair, fluttering in the wind; a small figure, quietly carrying her own pain on her back. It's something she couldn't express through words, but her eyes tell the tale. They looked sorrowful, seeking for the light, or the way out. Her eyes may be looking, but she was constantly lost in thought and her soul is still wandering around. It's as though she's waiting for someone to pick up the fragments of her broken heart, fragments of her unrequited first love...

I've never been in love before, so I probably can't understand nor help her. I guess I'll just make her happier, for her own sake and for Hiyama-san's sake. I know that...but...I also know her love for him isn't that shallow that I could immediately change it.

.

.

.

That's it! I can take her out on Christmas or New Year's Eve!

However, the real question here is...How?

I don't want to talk to the couple for advice, who else can help?... If I asked them, they'll definitely follow me around on the day and who could stand that?!

The only ones left who came into mind were Hiyama-san and Aki-san. Well..not like I have another choice, do I? 

I'm sure that Hiyama-san has basketball practice from Wednesday to Friday, and today's only Tuesday, so there's no problem. Yuki goes home with her friends every day except for the first two days of the week, so I don't have to worry about her peeking into everything either. I guess I'll ask Hiyama-san tomorrow.

As I was planning, a familiar figure walked slowly towards me. It was Yuki. She didn't say anything, I didn't say a word either, but I know that deep inside she's still sobbing.

So we silently watched the sky. It was covered by dark clouds, with snow falling rapidly but kindly. It looked gloomy, but somehow kind. It was as if winter and Yuki is one..

And thus, the story of an ordinary boy like me, whose life was flipped upside down, with a popular, cheerful and warm girl like Yuki began.

----------

Be a brave person. Take action when needed, don't give up when there's still a chance, ..but relinquish, if that person doesn't and won't love you. Youth is short, and life is not a bed of roses. Use time if it's worth it, but don't waste it for someone unworthy.

End of chapter