Chapter XI : Love Specialist?

Finally! A winter break... It's so cold that I just want to stay in bed all day with my pet cat.

Hime is a white, fluffy cat I found a year ago under the sakura tree.

The pink petals fluttering in the cool wind under the clear blue sky was the perfect weather to read a novel. The tree was in full bloom, blossoming in the beauty of spring. While I was sitting on a bench, I spotted Hime. She curled up because of the slightly cold weather, but she still looked joyful, like she was enjoying the cold with everything she had.

Although it doesn't seem relevant, I find Hime very similar to someone...I wonder who it is?

.

.

.

8 Kimi Street -

"Ding dong!" the sound of the doorbell rang.
"Coming! Who is it?" a clear and gentle voice sang out.

Opening the door was a middle-aged woman, around her 40s or so. She had light brown hair, which curled up to her neck. She looked quite similar to Hiyama-san. I probably ended up at the right address after spending hours walking.

"Um...It's nice meeting you. My name is Natsume, I study in the same school as Hiyama-san. May I ask if he is currently home?" I politely asked.

"Ah, oh my, yes! Come in! Hiyama told me a lot about you! Fufu..you are really lucky to be so close to Yuki-chan, Natsume-kun. Ah, my bad, nice to meet you, I'm Aoi, Hiyama's mother," she happily said.

Close? I'm not even close to Yuki! 

"Natsume? Ah, welcome. Sorry, it's kinda messy in here. I suppose there's a reason you've come here?" Hiyama-san gladly invited me into his room.

So I told him my plan of taking Yuki out on Christmas and New Year's Eve, and all the specific details. Hiyama-san was quite surprised at first, but quickly caught on. He probably realized the whole plan was to cheer Yuki up.

.

.

.

As the sun gradually sank down, rays of light pink and orange shone through the window, leaving fragmented blots on the ground that illuminated the room. I memorized all the reminders Hiyama-san told me and left the residence. It seemed like Hiyama-san, Aki-san and Yuki were raised in caring and loving families, unlike mine.

My family may appear bright on the outside, but has already fallen apart inside. My father and mother rarely come home at all, and only send money home. Sometimes I'd even see father and mother bringing other people home, it's become quite a nasty habit of theirs. Aneki probably knows too, but rather acts bubbly to hide her anxiety. The only thing keeping our family from actually breaking is probably a mere marriage contract and the wealth that comes with it... 

But not complaining though, I think books and cats can keep me entertained for life.

...

Moving on, the plan is that I'll ask for Yuki to leave some free time on Christmas and New Year's Eve, then take her out shopping, to the park, festival or shrine. I'll buy some cute stuff to match her tastes, which might be able to bring back her smile.

Since our family never even does anything on Christmas, and my parents don't really come home, I'm free to accompany her until she arrives home. Aniki would either snuggle in her blanket and work on her visual novel or hang out with her friends.

I hope it's gonna go well without any disturbance. I even got Hiyama-san to ask Aki-san to persuade Yuki into coming. I really hope that she'd get her cheerful personality back!

After all, I'm her friend.

~End of chapter~ Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→