Chapter IV : Closer

Wherever I went, she tailed me. Well, at the least she didn't have my house key. When I walked to school, she was right next to me. When I was reading my book, she was still there, sitting in front of me.

"What's your problem, stupid girl?" I tried to get rid of her.
She showed a ferocious expression, "I'm not stupid! You are the idiot here!"

Then she ran towards the door, trying to escape. Suddenly, she bumped her head on the door, unknowingly, yelping in pain and uneasiness. Her fans ran as fast as they could to help her, and then again glowered at me with fire in their eyes, trying to blame her accident on me. I didn't really mind though.

Meanwhile, I couldn't help but laugh at the clumsy girl.
"See, you are sooo stupid!" I told her as I kept laughing.
The people around me, including Yuki, were stunned. They were looking at me with the did-you-just-laugh face.

I was also surprised with myself. I quickly stopped laughing and continued reading the book, while covering my face to hide the shyness. I expected all of them to be gone when I put my book down, but when I did, Yuki was still there.

She rushed to my table, shouting,
"Natsume-kun! You laughed at me just now didn't you!??"

I think I blushed a little when she called my name, but I changed it into a laugh, this time more secretly, so it looked like I was grinning. I laughed at her weird expression. She was making a curious and questioning face, with big and round eyes.
This girl, her emotions are just irresistible!

The sun shone through the windows, making the room glitter. Her face also glittered with the rays of sunlight...
She looked kinda... Just kinda cute... So I unconsciously stroked her hair.
Wait! Did I just think she's cute?! And did I just stroke her hair!? No, it was a mistake, I was just confused!!

Yuki giggled bashfully at me and exclaimed,
"Seems like I got closer to you!"

Then, she ruffled my hair as if I were to be a child and left the room, leaving me dumbfounded in the quiet classroom.

Did we get closer? Nah, we didn't, did we?

:?