Chapter II : Friends?

I was spending my time alone; eating alone, reading alone. But she did not leave me alone...
It was the beginning of term 2 - the beginning of autumn. I was sitting by the window, reading while the leaves outside were gently falling. The scenery was picturesque, as the sunlight encompassed the library with this warm sensation that seemingly mellowed me out from within.

Suddenly, she appeared, standing right in front of me. I was shocked, thinking,
"What's the popular girl doing here?"

She giggled at my reaction. Her giggle was quite the thing, it made everyone near her get a heartthrob.

I came back to my senses and ignored her, focusing on the book. She, however, refused to leave and tried talking to me,
"Hi! You are the new transfer student, aren't you? Nice to meet you, I'm Yuki! Let's be friends!"

Her expression was indescribable, for I could never make such a happy face. Yet I was unamused with her acts, so I simply told her to go away.

She still didn't leave!

For the rest of the day, she kept following me and nagging me to be friends. At one moment, I just couldn't take it anymore and agreed. At the least, she had a pretty nice smile.

A hundred times better than mine, I can guarantee that. She's a strange person.

-------

Smile! Your smile is pretty, the prettiest thing which anyone in the whole world can possibly wear. It lightens up people's hearts, not everyone's, but a smile can influence others. Your family, your friends, lover,...nobody would think your smile is ugly. Be their hope, their sunshine.

You don't need a reason to smile, because you just need to believe that smiles are miracles. It shows that you are happy and strong!

Begin your day, and end your day, always with a smile.

;)