Chapter One

It was a normal morning for Victoria. She arose from bed on this sunny Monday morning, listening to the wonderful sounds of the waves crashing and the wind blowing. She took a look Out her big Window down onto the beach for she lived in a billion dollar beach house, built to her liking.

I slid my silk lavender robe on and down the stairs into my kitchen. I started the coffee, I opened the door and bent down and got the newspaper. I went inside and made a cup of coffee and read the newspaper, enjoying the silence since my daughter, Lana was asleep and my husband was away in a trip filming a movie.

I sipped my coffee as I read about the big cage fight that's happening in LA this weekend. I smirked, knowing that my hotel would be packed this weekend for it. And we'd be making bank!

As I continued to read I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Lana, My daughter stood at the edge of the steps in a Misfits tee and black shorts. she ran her hands in her long black hair and smiled at me.

"Morning Mama..." She said casually as she went for the fridge

"Good morning Lana..." I said

She gave a loud sigh.

Well see, Lana Doesn't exactly like Her name.. She prefers Max. I don't like it that much but I guess if it makes her

Happy.

"Well my apologies, good morning ... Max" I said

"Thank you."

"So Are you excited for your party this weekend?" I said changing the subject

"I guess .." she said bluntly. "so much closer to freedom." she said

I sighed

"I don't know why you are in such a rush to up and leave me. life isn't as easy as you think it is out there 'max' .. Enjoy what you have," I said, for I've stressed this to her a million times.

"I know mom you tell me everytime. you have to realize I do have I grow up sometime."

"Yes Max, I know but don't rush it either. because once you get there you're gonna wish you weren't.."

She sighed.

"I'm out to Cookies House to hang with her and Dalton ... " She said as she sat her cup down and back up the stairs.

I shook my head finishing off my coffee. I went up to my bathroom and took a shower, I got out and put on my white suite and black heels, I combed through my dyed, long black hair. I put in some studs and grabbed my black Gucci bag and went into Lana's Room.

"I'm off to the office Max.." I yelled into her bathroom door

"Okay!" she shouted

I went outside Into my white BMW and pulled off too the street.

~~~

Meanwhile, Max was in the bathroom straightening her long black hair, which had violet purple streaks. As she did so her friend "Cookie" called

"Hello" I said, as I sat my phone on speaker

"Hey! you still coming over" cookie asked

"Yes duh what do I look like sitting in this house." I said

"Ha, right.. well Dalton decided we should go to his house so we are just going there.."

"Alright.. come pick me up brat..." I joked as I flat ironed the last piece of my hair, turning it off.

"Alright alright be ready in 15 .. "

I hung up and went into my room and dug through my closet. I finally pulled out some black skinny jeans and my black hightop chucks and my Narvana tee shirt. I put my hair in a ponytail and sighed. I picked up my black iPhone 5 and shoved it in my pocket. I put on my black gauges and went on downstairs.