Chapter Twenty-Two

.... 4 weeks later.

I was home.

Finally.

It seems as If it took us forever to return.

I got all my bags out of my car, and hustled then inside. Upstairs to my room. Finally after weeks I decided to take ALLL my crap out my car.

4 weeks ago, Everyone parted ways at the airport and went on to there own homes.

"Lana!" my mother shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!" I responded

I hurried down the stairs and into the living room where my mother was.

"Yes?" I said

"Well.. I'm taking a trip over to Steve's house, just to check on him and the kids...do you need anything while I'm out?"

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine..wheres dad?"

"He's left to paramount studios. they had a movie to discuss."

I nodded.

"Okay.."

"Well I shall return." she said as she kissed my cheek and hurried out the door.

I went back up to my room and began unpacking. As I did so, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said

"Well don't you sound gloomy." Dalton said

I sighed.

"Hey dalt. what's up"

"I was calling to check on you? Are you alright"

"Peachy..."

"Well I'll be th-"

"Don't bother.. I'm fine." I said as I hung up.

I've began to push Dalton away lately. I've been pushing everyone away. My only concern was Sophia.

I could care-less about Dalton right now.

I know he likes me, and well I like him too.

But we can't be together it'll never work.

He can be my friend but that's it, I wanted nothing to do with him sexually, or as far as a relationship it's self.

After much unpacking. I plopped on my bed staring at the picture of me & Dalton and cookie.

The picture was taken almost 4 years ago at summer camp.

I smiled at the good memories. such wonderful memories were shared.

I rolled over and closed my eyes falling asleep.

~~~

Neglecton.

It's not what I saw, it's what I felt.

Max was pushing me away, and she has been ever since we got back from LA, Which was about 4 weeks ago and I didn't know why. I did nothing but nice things for her.

I stood by her side the whole time In LA. I poured my feeling out to her and we even shared a few kisses.

So what did I do wrong?

Right after, she hung up in my face I threw my phone down.

I sighed and stared at the picture of me and Max at summer camp about 4 years ago.

God how much fun was that.

I smiled and there was a small knock at my door.

"Dalt?"