Chapter Seven

This is fucking ridiculous. It's our first day in a new place and I'm at some strange people's party, exhausted like no other and watching over my drunk-off-her-ass friend forty five minutes into it. I squeezed my eyes together and sighed.

I just want to go home. I'm not even finished packing, and unless Reagan is okay with walking all over a huge-ass campus with a hangover, we're not going to be able to go to USC tomorrow. Which means we'll spend another day being unproductive. I need to get stuff for my room too, like paint and posters and just knick knacks to make it more like home. I'm so stressed and it's the first day in California. I want to cry.

"Is she okay?" I heard a voice ask, making me jump. I looked up to see two figures standing over me and it takes me a second before I realized its Calum and Luke.

"Jesus, you scared me." I breathe, wrapping my hands around my body and relaxing my shoulders.

"Sorry. Again." Calum shrugs.

He is so aloof and it makes me nervous.

"Yeah, it's okay." I said, eyeing him wearily. "But no, she's not. I mean, I don't know. She took some pills and then drank a lot of the punch."

"Did someone really spike the fucking punch?" Luke groaned, rolling his eyes.

I shrugged, looking over at Reagan, who was curled up in the chair, one arm slung over the back and her face pressed into the back cushion. She was mumbling incoherently and it was, to say the least, really fucking creepy. Calum sighed, looking at her and running a hand through his hair. Well, I'm glad he came out of his little cave and is trying to be social. Even though his social skills need a bit of work.

"We should take her inside and put her in one of the rooms." Calum said, looking at me.

I nodded tiredly. "Yeah, sure. Whatever you think is best."

"Well, she's your friend."

"And you're the one who's thrown all the party and has dealt with this situation in the past." I retort, blushing at my snippiness.

"You've never been to a party?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I look at him. "Does it really even matter?"

He look slightly taken aback. "No, I mean, I just thought-"

"It doesn't matter. It's whatever." I interrupt with a sigh, waving my hand. "Let's just get her inside."

Luke says he's going to tell Ashton what happened and Calum reaches down and scoops Reagan up easily. I'm kind of surprised by his strength. I wouldn't think that a guy who wore a Nirvana tee with a hole at the hem and skin tight black skinny jeans would be that strong, but lately the world has been out to prove me wrong. I'm not calling Reggie fat either, but she has a lot of muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.

Calum throws me a look like "Are you coming?" so I follow him as he carries Reagan up the concrete steps, ignoring the looks of the group of girls standing by the door. He leads me through the living room and down the left hand hallway, into the room where we had all changed before. I flipped the light on as Calum sat her on the bed, making sure she was all spread out, which I found oddly sweet of him. Maybe he's not a total jackass.

He turned to me. "Is this alright?"

"Yeah. I can stay with her." I said.

"No," He said, giving me a weird look. "You should go back outside and, you know. Enjoy yourself."

I roll my eyes. "No offense, but I don't think I would enjoy myself."

For the second time that night, Calum's lips lifted into a small smile. I returned the small, closed-mouthed smile with my own before his face turned serious again.