Chapter Fifteen

okay we're back to Savvy's point of view just so no one gets confused

----------------------------------------------

I didn't see Calum, or any of the boys for that matter, for three days after we apparently talked things out. I must have missed the memo that we had solved anything because I still felt like my insides were made of china and a bull had just been set loose and I still wasn't quite sure where we stood, relationship wise.

I know we agreed on "friends" but I'd seen enough eighties movies to realize that people never really stay "friends" especially after you sleep with them.

I may not have enough respect for myself to not fuck a guy on the first date, but I have enough respect for myself to never, ever be in a friends with benefits situation. Even in the movie, Mila Kunis and J.T. stick it out and end up together.

The thing is, I didn't even know if I wanted to be, like, with Calum. I know I sound annoyingly wishy-washy, going from "godhessofuckingcuteiwanttomakeoutwithhisface" to "wowyoureahugeassholegowalkintotrafficdouchedick" in matter of seconds, but that's what he did to me. Still does to me. And I wasn't sure if I liked that.

I slowly got over the "piece of horse shit" feeling that had been hanging over my head, however, especially after Britt took it upon herself to totally change my mindset about California, because I was one more dramatized meltdown away from hitchhiking my way back to Indiana.

"So," she said, giggling, to which I responded with the expected eye roll, "We're going to Disneyland!"

It took dragging, pulling, scratching, bribing and threatening me with a hot curling iron to get me into Britt's Disneyland bound piece of shit car.

"I hate Disneyland." I dead panned, crossing my arms grumpily over my chest.

"No one hates Disneyland." Reagan gaped at me.

"Unless you're Savvy." Avery smirked. "And you hate everything."

The ride to Anaheim was short but not sweet. Britt and Avery argued over directions and the best places to park, Reagan complained about how she forgot to put on deodorant, and I was day three into my period and about to break the car window and action roll onto the highway. Plus, Britt had barged into my room at seven in the morning, screaming about how if we didn't leave in thirty minutes we'd have to stand in line for three hours.

We still had to stand in line for three hours.

The "Big Thunder Mountain" Roller Coaster was jam packed even though it displayed an impressive seven foot drop at it's highest. Britt was making us ride it because, ironically, Britt was fucking afraid of roller coasters.

"The only people in this line are either forty-five or ten." I said through gritted teeth, eyeing a chubby little boy looking dangerously close to throwing a full-on tantrum here in a few minutes.

"Except for us." She responded cheerfully.

After sitting half-asleep through two laps of "Big Thunder Mountain," Reagan and I decided to split from Britt and Avery to go have some "real fun," which basically included standing in the splash zone of "Splash Mountain" with an overpriced bag of cotton candy.

"This is fun." Reagan insisted, sticking a piece of the sticky sweet fluff into her mouth.

I just nodded and flinched as the log went down the little hill, spraying everyone along the railing with water. The group of girls next to us screamed for the fifth time before going into a hair-face-and-outfit checking frenzy. Why were they standing in the splash zone if they didn't want to get fucking wet?

"You picked a bad day to wear that shirt, Michaela." The short, freckly ginger giggled, poking her blonde friend's arm.

"I know." Michaela groaned.

She was wearing a jersey shirt, white with a black collar and sleeves. The front of the shirt sported some bizarre logo and was soaked through, revealing her purple zebra print bra.

"When is it ever a bad day to wear five sauce merch?" The girl with huge boobs and a purple streak in her hair spoke up.

Five what? I shook my head and looked away from them to Reagan, frowning as I stuffed a wad of cotton candy in my mouth.