Chapter Ten

A/N- hi, guys. I just wanted to let you guys know how incredibly grateful I am for every one of you reading this story. it just makes me really happy seeing your votes and nice comments, even after I basically dropped off the face of the earth for quite a while. I promise I will work on updating more often :)

If you have any suggestions or ideas to make the story better, I'm all ears! I'm writing this for you guys :)

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and voting, it means the world.

Happy reading!

Bailey xx

It was the second day that we were here.

The second fucking day. And Britt was sprawled across the floor sobbing, Ashton looked like he just walked in on a live birth, my headache had gone from drill bit to jackhammer and Calum, that little shit was picking at his nails with a bored expression that I wanted to punch off his face.

WHY ARE THEY EVEN STILL HERE DON'T THEY HAVE CUTE BOY STUFF TO DO DEAR GOD

I turned to Reagan and jerked my head in a "get our emotionally unstable best friend off the floor before she humiliates herself even further" way, and as she coaxed Britt to stand up, I shuffled the boys into the kitchen.

"Yeah, so as you can see, you came at a really bad time." I watched Luke examine the fridge very closely. "I understand if you feel uncomfortable. I'm really sorry you, um, had to witness that. But I think it would be best if you left."

I tried to say it in the nicest, politest way possible but I still felt like a jackass.

"I'm not going back there!" Britt shrieked from the back bedroom. "They can rot in jail."

I cringed and smiled at Ashton, who had been pale ever since he'd seen Britt drop like dead weight to the floor.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, tugging at the collar of his t-shirt.

"Yeah," I lied, smiling wider.

Calum raised an eyebrow. "If that's your idea of okay, I don't want to see her when she's not."

I bit down on my bottom lip to keep from screaming, but the glare Ashton gave him helped me to calm my temper.

"In actuality, she's not okay, but I don't think you deserve to understand why. We don't even know you." I spit.

"No, you don't know me. We just had a lovely time with Britt and Avery." Calum smirked at me.

I didn't understand why, but an unidentified emotion flared up in my stomach, causing an unpleasant ache.

Why would you be jealous? You're not jealous! You don't care! He's an asshole.

He's an asshole, he's an asshole, he's an impossibly smug, arrogant adorable asshole.

"Yeah? And I don't want to." I glared at him, giving an apologetic glance to Ashton but he was giving Calum the same look I was.

"I think we should go." Ashton muttered, not breaking eye contact with him.

"You're not going to ask them?" Calum asked, the smirk disappearing from his face.

"Now?" Ashton looked at him like he was crazy.

Calum just shrugged, and put his hands in his pockets. "Don't know when else you're going to do it."

Ashton stared at him for a moment, making me feel very fidgety and nervous. I looked over at Michael, who was looking at the two with a weird look before turning his gaze to me and shrugging.