Mr. McHipster

This fanfic is brought to you by @HannahIsAwesomesauce

Thanks to the newest friend I made (if I am a friend) and thanks for the encouragement. You are much appreciated!

Now, the story continues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's a...cappusceno?"

Laeh looked at me. I looked at Laeh. Hip McHipster looked at the both of us.

                 Suddenly, I couldn't hold it in any longer; my obnoxious laughter filled the quiet cafe, drawing the attention of other customers. It seemed that Laeh caught the virus because she too began to giggle uncontrollably. 
                Hip McHipster, as I had taken to calling him in my head, laughed nervously, blotches of red embarrasment searing across his stubbled cheeks. "Um," he scratched the back of his head.
               "Dude," I heaved, laughter blocking my airways. "Seriously?! Cappusceno? What planet are you from, it's cappucino!" and Laeh and I laughed even harder. Hip McHipster looked between us again, and a look of realization taped itself across his features. He hit himself on the side of his head as if to say "Duh!" and smiled. "Seriously? I've never had to spell it before! I'm such an idiot!" he laughed. "Yeah, I'll have a cappucino; sorry about that," he laughed a few moments more with Laeh and I until we were approached by one of Laeh's co-workers, who asked us to quiet down. Laeh stuck her tongue out as he walked away. "I'll be right back with your drink." she smiled, walking to the cappucino machine.

           I fanned myself; hair stuck to my forehead and my stomach hurt. In my peripheral, I saw McHipster take voluntary glances at me. Or maybe they were involuntary; my hair was a distractedly pink. I smirked and leaned up against the counter, my chin in my palm. "Did you lose something over here?" I turned to make eye contact.
           He jumped in surprise. "Sorry," he rubbed his arm and looked down, then back at me. "It's just...your hair. It's so...pink." he smiled. I smiled back, "Gee wilikers, Mister, thanks!" I said with mock excitement, and we both laughed quietly as Laeh came back. "Your...cappusceno" she giggled "will be ready in a sec." then she focused on me. "And how 'bout you babe? The usual?" and she smiled when I nodded. "I had one made just in case. Brb." and she walked towards the back.

       More silence piled between us, and grew more and more uncomfortable by the second. For him, not for me. I thought it was hilarious how he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. 'Poor thing,' I thought to myself. All kinds of confusion flashed across his face, and between these looks of confusion, there were voluntary shakes of his head, almost as if he were arguing with a little leprechaun inside his head.

This was obviously a private moment, so I looked away and pulled out my phone.

        Oh, hey, cool case." McHipster smiled, looking from me, to my phone, and then back at me. I glanced at my case; it was Edward Elric transmuting something, blue electricity glowing around his hands, wind whipping his hair and cape. "Yeah, I've had this since forever. Loved the show." I shrugged. A wide grin spread across his lips. "Dude, I loved the part where Edward tricked that one guy with the fake gold."

"And made him give him the deed to the town?!"

"Yes!"

             "Wicked cool!" the otaku side of me shined, and he nodded, the excitement dying down. We looked away from each other; him at the overhead menu, me at my phone. However, this silence didn't last as long as the others. He turned to look at me, "I'm Mark." he extended his hand.

             At that moment, Laeh came back with my chilled caramel frappe, an old favorite of mine. "Sorry about that babe, some butthole wen and drunk the one I had prepared." she narrowed her eyes into slits at the co-worker that asked us to be quiet earlier, who only shrugged. I thanked her and turned back to 'Mark' who now had his cappucino. I took his hand and shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you Mark." and I started towards the door.
          "Hey, wait a sec." he jogged up to me, hope in his smile. "I didn't catch your name."

            Time to crush that hope. "Probably because I didn't throw it." I nodded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and walked out of the cafe.

'Wouldn't exactly call it psycho, but that was still a s***load of fun,' I thought as I walked home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm think of updating this story every day except Saturdays and Sundays. Maybe two chapters at a time.

Thank you, 3 loyal readers. My hopes are replenished.

Somebody who has written Markiplier fan fiction, please hellllllllllllllllllllp. 

Okay I'm done.

See you in the next chapter! Until then, keep on misadventuring. Bon voyage!

~Ty