More Than I Thought (Part 2)

This fanfic is brought to you by TheRealDashy

Thanks for the love, and I hope you continue to join me on all my misadventures!

Now, the story continues...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!"

I yelled aggressively and laughed as I watched Mark struggle to survive in Black Ops. "Wait just a second!" He yelled over me devastating his entire existence. "I am KILLING you right now!" I exclaimed with glee at the screen.
"I said wait!"
"Not a chance, Markibabe!"
There was a final, loud boom that signified that the game was over and the odds had been in my favor. "Fatality..." I said in my deepest voice, and we both cracked up. Mark leaned back and looked around. "You know, this is the first time I've seen your place."
            I followed the path his eyes had made: my living room was a collage of Pierce The Veil and Bring Me The Horizon posters, a shelf full of CDs, games, and movies, a 72' inch flat screen tv, various game systems, and a mini fridge complete with microwave.

I shrugged, "It's home. I plan on buying a house soon though."
There was a silence between us until there was a loud gurgling sound. Mark looked down, then threw a sheepish smile at me. I laughed. "I'll order pizza; cheese okay with you?"
"I'm more of a pepperoni guy, but sure."

It didn't take long for the pizza guy to deliver, and Mark even tipped him and signed his hat when the guy said he was a fan of the both of us. "He was nice," I drooled at the cheese that stretched when I pulled out a slice.
"Yeah," Mark devoured a slice, wiping pizza grease on his pants. "Hey, this might be a little off key, but what is your YouTube schedule look like this week?"
"That is owfkei," I said as I plopped down on the couch and faced the difficulty of chewing half a bag of gummy worms into my mouth. I swallowed and took a deep breath. "Ugh, I shouldn't have done that. But anyway, I'm probably gonna play something scary. Then again, to keep things Christmassy, I might play Steep. What about you?"
He groaned and rubbed his hands against his face. "I dunno; I might go out with Tyler and do stuff with the fans. Maybe another "Christmas Cant Wait" video...I dunno." He sighed. I smiled, "I understand. Maybe we could collab again to take off stress from the both of us," and he gave me a smile.

His eyes locked on mine, holding me in place. I could see him getting closer, his body heat radiating and melting my skin, his cologne making me breathe deeper with every moment. I felt his fingers--cool to the touch--smooth my hair behind my ear.
His lips pressed against mine, my mind screaming but my body making no motion to pull away. I felt a cool hand slither up my arm and onto my back, pushing me closer.
As soon as he pulled away for air, I jumped up and crossed the room in one stride. "That bad?" Mark laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. I laughed twice and reached for another slice of pizza, "No, it's just..." I trailed, sitting indian style on the carpeted floor. "I'm sorry."
"No, it's okay. If it's just not there, then--"
I rubbed my face with my palms, "No, Mark, it's not that," I groaned as I sat Indian style on the carpeted floor. A silence enveloped us until the words left his lips.

"So...it...it IS there?"

           My head shot up as my eyes met his again. He eased off of the couch and scooted next to me. "Helen," he whispered.
            I didn't even hear the rest of his sentence. The way he said my name was so...magnificent. So liberating, so loving. I turned to him, and he laughed. "You haven't heard a word, have you?" Mark laughed as I shook my head. "I said, you know I wouldn't ever hurt you, right?"
           I nodded absent-mindedly. Mark continued to look at me, eyes pained with concern. He looked at the TV screen again.

"Who is Ethan?"

            I felt my eyes widen involuntarily, and I jumped to my feet. "How do you know that name?" I almost yelled. Mark stood slowly, "You called me Ethan that night you had to sleep over. I was wondering who it was."
            I glared at him, angry at myself for letting it slip. Walking to the sofa and plopping down, Mark scooted across the floor and sat at my knees, looking at me expectantly. "Well?" He whispered.
             I sighed. "He was my ex. He was the one I left college for." I heard Mark suck in a sharp breath. "Ethan was...everything to me."

             There was a silence between us as I tried to avoid his lingering eyes. "So...what happened?" he asked.
               I laughed humorlessly. "He left."
"What do you mean 'he left'?"
                 "After I moved away with him. We were going strong for about a month, but money got tight, so we both took up jobs. With bills and both our educations, well, it became too much. He packed his stuff and left. " I felt tears threatening to fall, so i pretended to scratch my hair and let it fall over my eyes.
             The cold touch of Mark's finger tips gliding across my hand startled me, and looked up, finding that he was wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug. "Never again will that happen to you." He said in my ear. His voice was soft, but sturdy. His hug comfy, but protective. I smiled, no longer caring if i looked weak.

"Mark, I like you more than I thought."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaaaay, a chapter!

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone reading! We are now up to 700+ reads, and I never would have thought this fanfiction would have gotten this far.

Be sure to comment to suggest stuff or just to me a nice little smol bean.

Updates to come soon! But until then, keep on misadventuring. Bon voyage!

~Ty