Romantically Inept

This fanfiction is brought to you by @AshleeValdez5 and AnitaDlesk

Thanks for the follow, and welcome to the Misadventures family! Good luck with all of your reading and writing!

Now, the story continues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Helen's POV~

 I stared at her from the foot of the bed. 

     "I'm so, so sorry Helen," she whispered as salty tears ran down her pallid cheeks. "I promise to god that I am so, so sorry."
"You lied to me, Laeh."
"I know, and I'm sorry, I--"
     "Laeh, you freaking lied to me!" It was my turn to cry now. It was worse than the nerve-wracking sobs that you always see; it was the silent, angry type of cry that you didn't really care about anymore. It was the "you cut me deep" kind of cry. 

     "Maybe we should go," I heard Mark say behind me in a low whisper. I didn't turn back to look at him. "And maybe never come back." I answered through my teeth. 

How could she lie to me?

     Maybe a few weeks ago (gosh, has it been so long?) Laeh mentioned that she was going on a plane ride to New York to meet someone. It wasn't really my business, and it was about time she got out and tried the romance life. But that wasn't what it was at all. 

She never actually went to New York.
     Instead of doing what she'd told me, she'd gotten herself involved with something--or, rather, someone--who wasn't at all good for her--and right here in Los Angeles. She'd never even left the city. 

     "I'm sorry, Hellen," she said through sobs. "I know I should have told you, but I knew you were doing your own thing, and you're usually so busy that you just have to focus. I didn't want to mess that up, I know how important Youtube is to you," she cried. I rolled my eyes. "What a lame excuse."

"Helen," Mark said softly.

"No!" my voice rose an octave. "Why would you do that Laeh? You know I'm here for you. Ever since high school, Laeh!" tears began to stream again. 

     Laeh was quiet in between small, shuddering sobs. "I thought...I didn't think it would matter so much. It was supposed to go so wrong." she closed her eyes, breathing in deep the scent of sickness that filled the room. "They told me it was easy money, and I wouldn't have to do a lot of anything. Just transport the goods. That's all."

Drug trafficking though?

     "Helen, we really should go." Mark said firmly, switching back and forth between looking at Laeh and looking at me. "Like, now. Right now." he pulled my arm and tugged me out of the room. My eyes never left Laeh. Never left the bruises on her arms, her busted lip. Never left the look in both her blackened eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mark's POV~

"That is enough, Helen."

"Who are you to tell me what's enough and what's not enough?!"

     "Because I'm looking at this situation from the outside, and you're hurting your friend, and you don't even recognize it!" We were standing in the middle of Helen's apartment, freshly off the short road from the hospital. 

     Trying to talk sense into someone who's been hurt is a hard thing to do. And if you're dealing with Helen McTrower? Well, that's a task in itself.

     "You don't get it, Mark!" she yelled back. "Laeh has been my best friend through everything! She could have asked me for the money she needed. Instead, she LIED to me, and almost got herself killed in the process!"

     I sighed heavily. "I get that Helen, but you can't just go barging in inconsiderately! She was really hurting back there, and she needed you. But you were making it worse!"
     Helen drew back an inch, her lips parting as if she was about to speak again, but then re-forming into a tight line across her face. She remained silent.

Oh crap. 

     Turning her back to me, she stalked off into her kitchen, opening and closing cabinets and doors like there was no tomorrow. "Helen, what are you doing?" I asked slowly, holding my breath and waiting for her response. It never came. "Helen, what is it?!" I grabbed her wrist.

     "Don't touch me." she snatched away, throwing me a dirty look as she finally pulled down a box of blueberry Pop Tarts. Once it seemed she had what she'd been looking for, she walked into her recording room and sat down at her chair in front of the camera. "Let yourself out. Thanks."

     I sighed again, "Hels, don't be this way--"

     "Let. Yourself. Out." she called back in a broken sentence.

     I sucked in a breath quickly; I'd forgotten that I'd been scarcely breathing. "Are you serious right now?" I asked, my voice slowly rising. "I mean, are you seriously going to tell me to leave because I told you the truth? Because I told you that you were being a--"

     "A what?!" she rose her voice, stomping from the recording room back to where I was standing in the kitchen. "You gonna call me out my name?! Huh?! Get out of my apartment. Now! As in, RIGHT NOW." she yelled.

     "You know what?" I nodded in anger, shaking my finger in her direction. "I will. I'm gonna leave." And I began the walk to the door hoping, praying, that she would stop me. That she wasn't as cold as she was projecting.

But she didn't stop me.

Not even once.

     By the time I'd gotten to the door, I looked back; she was already back in her recording room, setting up the camera and mic. I shook my head and tried to even my breathing. "Okay, Mark. Calm down. She's...hurting."

Yeah, everybody else.
     I opened the door and, without a final look, let myself out.

I didn't hear from her for another week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh, dat drama doe. And how you just gon hurt Mark's feelings like that? And what the heck is going on with Laeh?

Whaddup, it me.

Back at it again with the updates! Hope you guys enjoy this one! I'm working really hard on more updates, and I'll be updating a little more regular, so bare with me!

I also have a new little thingy called "Misadventures: Poems of an Outcast" and you should totally check it out! It's a little book of poems that I'm writing and, if possible, I'd love to feature other people's work in it. Let me know if you're interested!

Also, there is another Markiplier fanfic that I've written called "Me & You(Tube)," which is a Mark x Reader fanfic, so check it out if you want!

More updates to come! But until then, keep on misadventuring. Bon voyage!

~Ty