Goodbye (For Now)

Chapter 40

"So, you're staying at Jackson's house for the rest of the summer?" I asked, confused.

"No, just for the rest of this week. Their honeymoon is next week so they're going to spend the rest of the week with Alex's family, and Jackson wanted me there too."

"Okay, I get it. So why are you packing?" I asked.

"Just to get a head start on things. I don't wanna start packing and only have like two days to pack everything," Will explained and I nodded.

Today was Jackson's wedding, and we were driving up there for it.

"Ready?" Will asked after we both pulled our shoes on.

"Yeah," I said and we headed to the car.

The drive was only and hour long so we'd be there for the day then come back home for the night. The ride there was fun, we were singing along to every song on the radio and laughing at everything.

When we got to the venue, Will and I got out and went inside.

The ceremony was happening in a while but Jackson had wanted Will there early since he was Jackson's best man.

We walked past two empty seats in the front row, with photos of Will's parents in them. I felt Will tense up a bit and I reached for his hand to try to release some of the tension there. We found our seats and sat down. I knew that Will was beyond happy for his brother, and so was I. These brothers deserved everything in life, after what they had been through.

~

Everyone stood up and cheered as Jackson and Alex walked onto the dance floor for the first dance. "A Thousand Years," by Christina Perri started to play and they slowly started to dance. I smiled and Will reached for my hand.

Soon everyone was on the dance floor with either their significant other or just with their friends.

"I miss them," Will said as we moved around the room. "But I'm happy for Jackson. I know that Mom, Dad, and Tess love us and that they're proud of both of us."

I stayed silent and listened to Will share his feelings.

"I'm glad Jack's happy," Will said, burying his head in my shoulder.

"I am too. And I'm also glad you're happy," I said, lightly stroking Will's hair.

Soon an upbeat song started to play and we danced together, having a good time.

Later in the day, we set up a campfire and sat around it, singing old songs and sharing good memories.

Jackson came over, finally able to talk to Will and me, after talking to all the other guests.

"Congrats!" I said happily and wrapped my arms around Jack.

"Thank you," Jack chuckled and I talked to Alex, getting to know her more.

"Do you think we're gonna last?" I asked Jack when Will had left to get some more cake.

"I do. I mean, college isn't easy, and you're definitely gonna fight, but I think that you guys will come out all right. And together," Jackson said, nodding slightly.

"I don't want to leave him," I confessed.

"I don't want you to leave him either. But he'll be alright. He's a strong guy," Jack said and looked over in Will's direction.

Will was talking to a couple of Jack's friends, laughing and joking with them.

"I haven't known you for too long, but I can tell that you mean a lot to him," Alex said and I smiled.