Chapter 9

A/N

Looks like you are all in luck two chapters in one day! However, I'm sorry for the length.

As he drew closer to the source Lord Sesshomaru noticed something different in the Miko's aura. It had been tainted with so much raw sorrow that he even felt and for some reason, it burned in his heart. Ignoring the Miko's rather dark aura he made his presence know the instant the Hanyou growled out his name. At the same time when she entered the clearing his nose twitched slightly at the change in her scent. Her normally calm and soothing scent now crackled and spiked much like an electrical storm, a sign her powers were ragging.

For a moment he allowed himself to be impressed. She had grown in power immensely since he had last seen her. Then for the first time in centuries, his inner beast stirred from its long slumber and was instantly awake. He also noticed how close his sire stood to the young Ningen and how far the Hanyou was from her, extremely odd. Even odder still his beast growled deeply upset with how close the former Daiyokai of the west stood next to the girl. A knowing look crossed the eldest demons face and drew the girl closer.

Instinctively a growl erupted from his chest unable to stop it. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes more highly annoyed and irritated. " Miko," he growled darkly "explain to this Sesshomaru how the deceased stands before me." nervously she walked out from the embrace of the former lord, (which instantly made him happier) and approached him cautiously. Well, Sesshomaru-sama, it's a rather long story and me rather not share such a story out in the open where anyone can hear, it's not safe to do so". At first, he thought her testing his patience and defying him but noticing how she was acting he nodded. "Very well we travel to this Sesshomaru's home".