Chapter 11

Sesshomaru POV

He could hardly believe what his father and the Miko had been saying to him. It was nonsense yet he could smell not deceit from the pair before him. All the while his inner demon began to move about in his cage. After a while, he grew distracted by the Miko as her emotions where ragging causing her scent to change often. " I'm pretty sure I don't like where this talk is going Father but perhaps the Miko should be removed, after all the changes in her emotions are distracting." After the Miko left the conversation picked back up but the longer the Miko was gone the more restless his inner self became.

Even while she was gone her presence lingered. A sudden spike of fear ran through him and both he and his father raced out of the room. In seconds they found her bleeding from the back who ever attacked had done so from behind. Such an action angered him, only a coward would attack from behind. The stench of a familiar demonic poison in the air caught his attention as the raven-haired priestess fell backward into his arms unconscious. Instantly he was angry and he also felt his father's anger.

 "Who attacked her son?" his father asked. Silently he handed her over to his father carful of her lacerations. "Take her to the healers and then meet me in my office we shall deal with this matter when you return." he responded coldly, his cold eyes sharp like a knife, no one go away with hurting those in his care even if it was a human Miko.