Chapter 16

Our meal was full of laughter and conversation but ended all too soon. Rin and Shippo were lead off by a maid to go play and attend some lessons. Apparently, Sesshomaru had decided to educate Shippo for our stay. After all the kitsune needed to exercise his powers to grow stronger. Sango also decided to go to the dojo to work out herself. The demon slayer wasn't used to staying in one place for long.

Quickly with some help, I found my way back to the room I shared with Sesshomaru. It seemed like I got back in time because I noticed his breathing increase. Unsure if I should go to him or not I sat in the chair next to the bed. Soon his golden eyes opened. It was interesting watching his pupils adjust their size. He seemed confused for a split second then his eyes widened in surprise.

Seconds later my own eyes widened when he spoke. His rich voice was laced with sleep making his voice sound deeper. I fought shivers, that was a bedroom voice... "Mate" was his first words to me. I wasn't sure if he was fully awake or not. "Good afternoon Sesshomaru-same, I'm going to send for a healer to check on you'.

'You've been unconscious for three days. Kuki, will you fetch the healer for me and can you other three go outside and guard the door and the balcony. My four guards nodded their heads and did as I asked. "Arigatou," I said as they left. Suddenly curious on why Sesshomaru was silent I looked at him and blushed. "Why are you staring Sesshomaru?" in a split second he was standing and had me in his arms.

The hug was tight but not uncomfortable and he buried his nose in my neck. He had to bend over quite a bit since I was only 5'4". "Is it really you"? He asked in a deep but soft voice. "My little Miko Princess"? I was taken back for a second.

His voice was so soft and gentle and he held me like he was afraid I was going to disappear. Then for a couple of precious minutes, he was my Maru again. "Yes, it's me Maru." That little nickname was all it took for him to realize the truth. The hug ended all too soon as there was a knock on the door and an unfamiliar demon walked in. "Nice to see you up my Lord. How are you feeling?" the demon asked I guessed he was the healer.

"I'm doing fine, thank you." Sesshomaru was back into his regular self, after all, he had to keep up his facade. The healer nodded "Good to know my Lord, but I must check your vitals anyways." Sesshomaru glared but nodded his consent. "Parden me my Lady but you must exit the room, it's mandatory." Understanding I walked to the door.

"I'll get Taisho and tell him the news. I'll have one of my guards with me."