Chapter Two || New Beginnings

Pic of Aryan up top

CHAPTER 2 ~ New Beginnings

WRITTEN BY: @lostboys_lostgirls

Aryan Young

Today was my first day of my freshman year. I was disappointed to discover that I didn't have any of my close friends in my first classes but there was more opportunity to make new friends because of that.

I smiled brightly as I ran my fingers through my curly black hair. I had on a pair of dark blue jeans, a plain v-neck and my favorite pair of wing-tip shoes.

Just as I went to open my door it was opened for me, "Breakfast is ready." One of my little sisters said, walking into my room like she always did in the morning, looking for something new to steal.

"Rose, get out of my room. I swear if I see you took something else of mine I'm throwing everything you own out."

She raised her hands in surrender, she was two years younger than me and the oldest of my little sisters. She was thirteen and going through a kleptomania phase along with a rebellious side. As I pushed her out and closed my door Cora, our ten year old sister, ran down the hall, stomping her feet.

I grabbed her by the arm before she could stomp past me, "Breakfast is down stairs." I said dragging her with me.

"Well so are Hazel and Violet." She said referring to the two youngest in our family, twin girls.

I was the only boy out of five kids and I was the oldest. It took a lot to stay sane in that house, but with a strong stay at home mom and a very loving aunt that let me go to her apartment when ever I pleased, I managed to keep my sanity.

"They are five, Cora, grow up." I said and let her go when we got to the kitchen.

Cora was the drama queen of the family and by far the most sensitive. The twins were the cutest and by far the most energetic.

All of us had green eyes except, ironically, Hazel, who got the brightest blue eyes from our mom.

Once we were all settled at the dinning room my mom wiped her teary eyes as she looked at the twins, it was their first day at school ever and the first time my mom would be all alone in the house since I was born.

"All my babies are grown up." She smiled.

My dad got up from the table and kissed my mom's cheek, he looked at us, Rose specifically and said, "Be good." Then to all of us, "Learn a lot." What he says everyday before we go to school.

He owned the local apparel store, he made really good money from the clothing line he started in college, which is where he met my mom and it took off from there. He made really good money, enough to where my mom didn't have to work and we still had enough money for the extra stuff we wanted.

"Okay, everyone in the car." My mom said once we had finished breakfast.

She dropped Cora and Rose off first then me, giving me a hug from across the console before driving the twins to kindergarten which they were both excited for but not so much my mom.

Once I got inside the school I went to my locker, where my friends, Jasper, Oscar and Aurora were waiting, ready for the day.

"I can't believe you don't have any classes with us in the morning." Oscar said.