Chapter Ten || Football

CHAPTER 10: Football

Written by lostboys_lostgirls

Aryan Young

When we got to the theater we waved goodbye to his mom and headed for the theater before we got inside I told Wyatt I had to call my mom and let her know I was there.

I called her and planned to just say a quick, "I'm here" and be done with it but of course, she asked how my nose was doing and if I had gotten a decent nap. Wyatt tapped my shoulder and I turned to look at him, pulling the phone away as my mom continued to lecture me about the fight.

"I can grab the tickets if you give me your money," he said. I agreed and handed him the money, silently apologizing for my mom talking my ear off and wasting our time.

"Alright mom, I get it, it won't happen again." I sighed, I couldn't remember how many times I had told her that the past few days. But I couldn't really promise it wouldn't happen again if something happened with my friends or my sisters, or even Wyatt.

"Good," she said and before she could go at it again I said a quick bye and hung up as Wyatt walked back over.

We walked inside and he got some popcorn and a slushie, I didn't want anything but I still didn't allow him to pay. When we got into the theater he asked where I wanted to sit, "Closer is always better." I replied, leading him to a seat.

When the movie began I was really intrigued, but I couldn't help but get sleepy in the dark theater and comfy seats, even though I fought to stay awake. I don't know how I managed to fall asleep through the loud fight scenes but I did, but not before subconsciously grabbing Wyatt's hand on the hand rest.

I had slept through the rest of the movie, waking up when Wyatt woke me, the gentlest I've ever been woken up before. I was surprised to see our hands still clasped, though barely. I pulled my hand away and wiped my eyes, stretching and getting up, leading Wyatt out of the theater.

"My aunt can take you home if that's alright," I offered, he agreed and texted his mom.

When my aunt arrived I let him take the front seat, planning to lay down in the back with the blanket I kept there for times like this. When we dropped Wyatt off I waved goodbye and offered a smile. We made sure he made it into the building then we were on our way to my house.

"How'd it go?" she asked.

"I might have fallen asleep," I said, feeling a bit guilty about it.

"Aryan," my aunt scolded lightly, "I hope you didn't offend him, falling asleep like that."

I shook my head, "I don't think I did, he enjoyed the movie at least."

"I wish you could have," she said.

"Before I drifted off I grabbed his hand," I found myself telling her, "I guess it kind of felt right, but I don't know, we didn't address it and I don't know how I feel about that either."

My aunt was quiet for a moment, "Do you like him?"

"Of course, I wouldn't have gone to the movies with him if I didn't."

My aunt chuckled lightly to herself as if she knew something I didn't, "I mean do you like him more than a friend."

"Oh," I said lightly, that required a lot of thought, did I like Wyatt more than a friend? I was too tired to think about something like that, also maybe a little too scared.

When we got to my house my aunt turned back to look at me, "You don't have to have an answer, but if you are gay or bi or whatever you are, I still love you."