Chapter Eight || Restless Night

CHAPTER 8: Restless Night

WRITTEN BY: lostboys_lostgirls

Aryan Young

After school Oscar, Aurora and I decided to meet up at a diner and work on some homework.

My nose had started to ache halfway through the day and I mentally thanked Wyatt for giving me that cream because it helped ease the aching in my nose that in turn gave me a headache.

Once we were all at the diner we ordered fries that we would end up sharing like we always did. The only reason Jasper couldn't come was because he had practice.

Oscar had finished his homework before Aurora and I like he always did and ended up helping us.

After we had it all of the worksheet finished, there were only a few fries left, and we were about to have to leave.

"We've almost successfully finished one week of high school." I smiled taking another fry.

"Maybe not so successfully, I mean you got in a fight and almost broke your nose." Aurora pointed out.

"But we are all still alive aren't we?" I countered.

Aurora smiled and took the last fry.

"When's Jasper's first game?" Oscar asked just coming out if his thoughts. He tended to zone out more than any of us.

"Next Friday." I answered.

"We're going right?" Aurora asked.

"Of course, this is his first game." Oscar said.

Just then Aurora's phone began ringing, she answered it and frowned when she hung up, "I've gotta go now, see you tomorrow." She waved as she walked out.

I looked at Oscar and asked, "So when do you have to leave?"

"My dad will be here soon." He said and sighed.

"Thanks for the help today, even though I'm still not finished."

"You better get it done." Oscar chided.

"I will, I will. I just need to take some headache medicine and work on focusing." I offered a smile.

Oscar glanced out the window and got up, "Well my dad is here, do you need a ride?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I can walk."

"Are you sure, we can get you there faster and you can get your medicine quicker." Oscar offered.

I thought about it for a minute and got up and slung my backpack over my shoulder, "Alright, thank you."

We walked out and Oscar's dad smiled at me as I climbed in the back seat of his beat up car, "Hey, Aryan. How was school, boys?" Oscar's dad asked as he backed out of the parking lot.

He was a college English professor and one of the reasons Oscar was so into literature.

"Good." I said, answering his question.

He looked back at me in the rear view mirror and winced when he saw my nose, "What happened to you?"

"He was stupid and fought some kids." Oscar said before I could say anything.

"I was protecting my sister." I grumbled.

Oscar's dad chuckled, "I can imagine your dad wasn't very happy, was he?"

My dad and Oscar's dad had been friends since before we were born, it was one of the reasons we were so close.

"Yeah, he wasn't very happy, but my mom calmed him down so I wasn't grounded."