Chapter Six || A Punch In The Face

CHAPTER 6: A Punch In The Face

WRITTEN BY: Lostboys_lostgirls

Aryan Young

After a boring day at school, half of my day was spent texting Wyatt. He made my day not so boring.

When it was finally after school I had told Jasper about my plan to help my sister and he was all for it. We were on our way to my sister's school and as I got closer, I could see where she waited, a group of boys surrounding her.

I watched her stand strong and clench her fists at her side as she said something I couldn't hear. I thought she had it under control until one of the boys stepped up and slapped her. I started sprinting towards her, making sure I could get there before the boys could hit her again.

"You little assholes, what the hell has she ever done to you?" I asked, grabbing onto her shoulders and pushing her behind me.

Like the stupid punks they were, they didn't answer, "If I found out you've hurt my little sister again, I don't give a shit who you're father is, I'm going to beat your ass. Because it's evident no one has ever put you in your place!" I said to the leader. I could tell they were a few years older than my sister.

"I'd like to see you try." He smirked.

I could feel Cora grab on tight to the back of my shirt, my backpack on the sidewalk somewhere where I dropped it to get to Cora faster.

Jasper grabbed my shoulder before I could lunge at them, "I know they hurt your sister but I think we should go now."

Before I could say anything the little monster spoke up, "Your boyfriend trying to talk you into walking away?"

What the hell was wrong with this kid?

Before I could reply to his comment he stepped up and punched me in the stomach before I could block it.

I doubled over, holding my stomach before standing up straight and punching the little shit in the jaw.

Then it was like a frenzy, his friends jumped on me and Jasper, punching and kicking us, we got in a lot of good punches before we heard a deep, adult voice, "Hey, stop that!"

At that I grabbed the back of Jasper's shirt and started running in the direction we came from, Cora right behind us.

As we ran I grabbed my backpack and kept running before we were out of sight.

I turned to see Jasper and Cora. They had beaten us pretty bad but I knew that they wouldn't be messing with Cora again.

I could see Jasper's left eye starting to bruise and swell and his lip was cut, slightly bleeding. I didn't even know what was wrong with me but I could feel the blood coming from my nose. I used the neck of my shirt to clean it up.

I started laughing then, "God, could they punch. Sorry about that Jasper, but thanks for helping me and sticking up for my sister."

"It's alright, let's go back to my house and I'll have my mom see if your nose is broken," He offered. His mother was a nurse.

"Okay, Cora. Do you wanna go home or come with us? I can drop you off at home." I said as we continued to walk down the sidewalk.

"I'll just go home." She said and then she hugged me, "Thank you. I'll cover for you when I get home."

I smiled, "Thanks."

We dropped her off at my house and then kept walking to Jasper's house. Once we walked through the door Jasper's older brother was sitting on the couch, playing video games like he always did.