37. Emotions

Tove's P.O.V

It was the day. The day of Peggy's funeral. I didn't go. I didn't actually know her. But that didn't mean I wasn't there waiting for Steve to come out. Natasha was with me. Once all the other guests had left the building the two of us went in to comfort Steve.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I knew was gone. When I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back too." Natasha added.

There was a short silence, then Steve broke it. "Who signed?"

"Tony. Rhodey. Vision." Natasha answered.

"Clint?" Steve inquired.

"Says he's retired." Natasha remarked. I smiled. We all knew he was lying through his

"Wanda?"

"Tbd."

"Tove? What about you?" I looked at the floor. How was I supposed to answer? If I signed there was a possibility I was hurting Willow in the process. But Tony had a point. The Avengers had hurt a lot of people without thinking.

"Well, you know, I'm technically not an Avenger. I don't think I'm allowed to sign."

"What do you mean your not an Avenger?" Crap! I was an Avenger now. Oops. "Maybe Tony's right." I looked at Steve in shock. Was he actually changing his mind. "WE really need to take 'I don't know out of your vocabulary." I laughed but was slightly relieved that he hadn't changed his mind. Both sides of the argument needed a strong leader. I just hoped nothing bad would happen.

"Yeah. Well. I can't decide. So, yes, Tony may be right." I retorted.

"Anyway. We're off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's loads of room on the jet if you want." Silence. "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"Ohana means family." I muttered. I noticed the two of them looking at me. "I-...j-....ignore me."

"What are we giving up to do it?" Steve said going back to Natasha's point. Natasha sighed. "Sorry Nat. I can't sign it."

"I know."

"Well then what are you two doing here?"

"We didn't want you to be alone." I answered and hugged him. "Plus she was my idol. I wanted to say goodbye." I choked on my words holding back tears.

"Your so emotional." Steve said.

"Shut up!" I cried into his shoulder.

{2 days later in Vienna}

I wasn't technically supposed to be here. I wasn't invited to the signing but I got my own ride to Vienna so that I was here in case anything happened.

I had been here a good hour, sitting on a bench across from the building that signing was being held in. By this point I was incredibly bored. Loki was in a coma back at the headquarters in America and Willow and Bucky were God knows where doing God knows what and possibly in danger and here I was sitting on a bench doing absolutely fuck all. Great Avenger I was.

Then something happened. I had just decided that I was going to go get a coffee when the building that the signing was in exploded.

Natasha was in there. Instinct took over and before I knew it I was standing in the entrance of the building.

"Es tut mir leid, keine Zivilisten erlaubt." A police man said (I'm sorry, no civilians allowed). I showed him my Avengers card and shoved past him into the building.

The lifts were out of order so I had to take the stairs. I had finally gotten to the top and went running into the conference room. It was chaos everywhere. People stuck under rubble and blood all over the floor. Those who were fortunate enough not to get caught in the heart of the blast were running around helping get people unstuck.

Out the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of ginger.

"NAT!" I screamed and sprinted over to her. I enveloped her in a hug. "Oh my god are you ok!" I whispered.

"I'm fine! What the hell are you doing here, British?!?"

I pulled out of the hug and smiled at her. "Hovering."