Sixteen

Josh

Everyone acts like nothing happened to Tyler. When they see him they look at him pitifully, but when they see him smile it's like they become a whole new person. I guess his smile doesn't effect me the same way. Mel is back at school, she was just sick. Her and Jess have not been talking as much.

"Josh! Your back!" Pete came running up to me with Patrick in tow.

"Yeah. I am."

"Where were you?"

"With Tyler. How was school without me."

"Brendon was calm for a few days." Patrick spoke up. We all started laughing.

"Hey Josh." Gerard was coming up to us.

"What's up, what did you do while I wasn't here?"

"My dad took me into the city to see a marching band. Then he realized he forgot Mikey." Pete would not stop laughing at this.

"Where's Frank?" He looked around avoiding my gaze.

"I dunno." He started playing with his red hair. Tyler appeared next to me and grabbed my hand.

"Hey Tyler." Patrick said. He waved in response. "How was the hospital?"

"It was terrible, but Josh was there half the time so it made it better." I looked down at him and smiled. It was nice being taller than him now.

"Hey guys." Frank came up next to Tyler, Gerard was next to me though?

"Hey Frank." Every one said in unison.

"The only people missing are the girls." Pete said.

"And Bren-oh." Patrick replied before understanding the joke.

"Speak of the devil and he will appear." Pete said gesturing towards a running Brendon.

"Hey! It's all the guys! Where are the girls though?" Brendon exclaimed.

"I'm right here." Killer walked up behind Tyler. She looked down at him, "How are you still almost as tall as me!" He started laughing.

"Sorry Egg. Where's Jess and Mel?" Tyler said to her

"I dunno, I didn't see them." She responded.

"You draw anything new?" Pete said gesturing to her sketchbook.

"Um..." She shifted her body weight," I did, here." She showed us the new drawing.

"That's so cool! What does it mean?" Every one rolled their eyes at Brendon. Even Patrick for gods sake.

"It says, 'What Face Should I Wear Today'" Frank said, "does that help your brain process it?" Brendon nodded to them.

"Hola my friends." Melanie said, walking up to us, with Jess a few steps behind. She went and stood next to Pete while Jess stood next to Killer.

"So who's in a relationship with who, this friend group is confusing the shit out of me." Brendon said.

"Tyler and I are dating." I said.

"Me and Bren are dating." Killer said.

"Me and Pete are friends. I think?" Patrick said while Pete shook his head.

"We are dating you nut." Pete said while Patrick looked surprised.

"Mel and I are good friends with lots of like interests." Jess said while Melanie looked solemn, like her heart was broken. Poor little girl. I thought to myself.

"Um, me and Gerard are-"

"Complicated." Gerard cut Frank off.

"Yeah that clears everything up then." Brendon said just before the bell rang. Everyone went their separate ways. Tyler and I separated after a quick hug.

Woooooooo update at 4:32 in the morning. This is sorta long right? Totally. Thanks for 200+ reads, I love you all! *kisses everyone in the forehead*

So long
-Egg