Chapter Three

"Mouse-dung," muttered Shadepelt. "Here goes my cover. Although this mouse-brain might completely forget about me."

Shadepelt shoots out from behind the canister, slamming Alderwood to the ground.

"W-what?" he mews, trying in vain to see his attacker without night vision. "Who's there?"

Shadepelt rolled her eyes and quickly tightened the top of the rocket fuel. "I'm the cat that just saved your ship."

Suddenly, Lionshine bursts into the Storage Room, staring in shock at the black cat still on top of the rocket fuel. Not believing her eyes, Lionshine flips on the lights, and Alderwood sees Shadepelt for the first time. She opens her mouth to speak, but Alderwood is too fast for her.

"Oh, hi!" Alderwood mewed. "Why'd you knock me off the 'Personal Items' compartment?"

Shadepelt rolled her eyes. "That says Rocket Fuel, mouse-brain. You would've blown us to bits."

Alderwood blinks and looks at the label closer. He obviously can't read it, but his face lights up in "recognition". Lionshine opens her mouth to speak, but Alderwood beats her to it.

"Oh yeah! You're right, uh...what's your name?" Alderwood mews.

Shadepelt flicked her tail irritably. "Do you not recognize me?"

Lionshine finally steps forward as Alderwood attempts to remember. "Well, I do! You are Shadepelt, the runner-up to Greenface's score! What are you doing on my spaceship?"

Pebblepouce suddenly burst into the Storage Room. "Déjalo en paz- let her be, Lionshine! She just saved the ship!" 

Lionshine looked offended. "No, I did!"

Pebblepounce looks from Lionshine-- standing by the doorway-- to Shadepelt-- who is still on top of the rocket fuel. 

"Shadepelt here was trying to keep unscrewing the rocket fuel when I came in and stopped her!"

Shadepelt looked at her angrily. "That's a total lie! I stopped Alderwood from blowing the ship to bits. You would've come too late. And I do not want to die, unlike your mouse-brained brother. Speaking of which, Alderwood, you were here! Did you see me 'unscrew' the rocket fuel?"

Alderwood shrugged. "Sorry. I can't see in the dark."

Shadepelt hissed. "What a mouse-brained excuse for a cat you are. What's next, you can't land on your feet?"

Pebblepounce sighs, tired of the pointless arguement. Suddenly, an idea to settle the matter comes to his mind.

"Téigh seiceál- I mean let's go check the cameras!"

Pebblepounce begins running up the stairs with Alderwood skipping joyfully behind him. Shadepelt follows in a more dignified manner, wincing as she hears the retching sounds coming from the ship's bathroom. Lionshine, on the other hand, looks very grumpy and irritated.

When they reach the security room, Pebblepounce quickly tries to punch in the password ('CatsOfSpace') accidentally typing it in as 'GatosDeEspacio'. He quickly corrects it and gains access to the ship's cameras. The clip of  Shadepelt knocking Alderwood off the rocket fuel and rescrewing plays.

Shadepelt looked at Lionshine triumphantly. "See! She's the liar! She only wants attention!"

Lionshine huffed. "Whatever."

"Come on, Shadepelt," mewed Pebblepounce. "A ligean ar dul- I mean let's go tour the ship. 

Pebblepounce, Alderwood and Shadepelt walk out of the room while Lionshine mopes silently on the chair. Pebblepounce looks back and throws her a distrustful glance before dissapearing into the hallway.

"I'm losing control of the ship!" wailed Lionshine once they were out of earshot. She hissed. "And it's all Shadepelt's fault! I'll get that obnoxious, black she-cat off the ship if it's the last thing I do!" 

Lionshine places one paw over the "Call KGIS" button, ready to make the mouse-brained she cat regret the day she was ever born.

To be continued....

Brought to you by Ember🎶