Chapter Twenty-Three

On Catmint 9, every cat was asleep—or they should've been, at least. Alderwood was snuggled up playing Tetris on his phone. "Come on, come on," he whispered, careful not to wake the other cats on the ship. "No! I was just one block over! This is cheap, I tell you, cheap!" The angered tom threw his phone and threw it across the room, smashing it into many, tiny pieces.

    Doo Doo Doo Doo, rang the dashboard, Doo Doo Doo Doo. Shadepelt, being the closest to the controls, took it. "Well," she muttered to herself, "that's a new ring. Hello?" She said as she answered the dash board. A really nerdy-looking cat with glasses, braces, and a ginormous tie that would probably trip him every time he walked was on the other side.

    "Hello," said the cat in a very annoying, high-pitched voice. "My name is Fluffle Pants And I am here to—"sniff —"ask you a question sent by the—"sniff—" Captain.  He would like to know why—" sniff—" you are behind schedule."

    Shadepelt looked at the tom with a confused look on her face, "Do you have a cold? Wanna tissue?"

    "No, I just have—"sniff—" a runny nose. Now would you please answer my question? Why are you delayed?"

    "Fine, I'll answer you. Our spaceship, um, ran into a penguin and he had to nurse the penguin back to health, for the penguin's life is more important."

    The Nerdy cat looked at her dead in the eye. "I highly doubt that, there—"sniff —" is a penguin randomly floating in outer space? I'm going to have to document this unless you tell the truth."

    "You might be surprised to hear about what we have seen. Anyway, that is what happened, you can choose to accept or choose not to, your choice."

    "Well, you'll—"sniff—" hear back from us soon. Just know that Commander Astro will be here to call you. Until then—"sniff —"try and stay on course."

    Shadepelt shrugged and hung up. 

This obviously on time chapter was brought to you by the fabulous Blue!

Edited by Saph! 🍩✨