Chapter Sixteen

Lionshine wakes up to see one of the Mercury cats talking to Pebblepounce, who was lying in the next hammock over.

"क्या आप यकीन है कि वह ठीक है?" Pebblepounce said, looking worried.

"हाँ बिलकुल. मैं तुम्हें करने के लिए अशक्ति दिखाता हूँ।." replied the cat, nodding.

Pebblepounce looked over at Lionshine, sensing her watching him. "He says Alderwood's okay. He'll show us to the infirmary, so we can collect him."

"And what is this wonderful cat's name?"

"जेली, which means 'jelly'. Rather fitting, wouldn't you say?" Pepplepounce said, glancing at the blobby Mercurian cat.

Just then Greenface walked in, his face rather, well, green. He was unsteady on his paws. Lionshine could assume he had been barfing his guts out yet again. He collapsed on his hammock, beginning to feel sick again.

"Someone needs to wake up Shadepelt, so we can pick up Alderwood and leave." After finding no willing volunteers, Lionshine jumped on Shadepelt herself.

"Get off me!" Shadepelt grumbled, rolling over.

"Wake up!" Lionshine shot back. She began batting at Shadepelt's head, claws sheathed.

"Fine. I'm up! I'm up!" Shadepelt yowled, pushing Lionshine away. "Now stop that. Let's leave."

"That's just what we're doing."

Pebblepounce told the Mercurian cat they were ready, and Jelly began to lead the way. The five cats walked for what seemed like forever, through twisting tunnels and places were they could barely squeeze past, the walls were so close together.

Soon they arrived at a doorway which led into a large open cavern. To the side of the cavern was a single hammock, with a single cat resting in it. Alderwood. As soon as he saw the rest of the crew, he jumped up.

"What happened? How did I get here? Where were you guys?" he continued pelting the other cats with questions, forgetting to breathe. Finally he stopped and took a breath, and without thinking, ran up to hug Lionshine. After hesitating for a few seconds, she hugged him back.

Perhaps almost losing her brother would change her.

~~~

The five cats began to head back to the ship. Apparently there were secret staircases all over the underground caves, you just had to look. But all that mattered now was that everyone was safe, and alive.

~Written by Sushi, who could not figure out how to change the symbols to legible letters like Blue. Also this was super cheesy and not spoofy at all. I apologize~