0.3

I ran down the stairs to Nicole and Jeffery and the other girl. Approaching them, all eyes were on me. But my eyes were on this new girl.

Her straight black hair which fell perfectly onto her chest, her amber eyes which glowed like suns, her long black nails, the bubblegum she popped. She had on a plaid shirt and a bikini, with sunglasses. She was strikingly gorgeous. I'm a bit taken aback by her beauty.

She stared back at me and smiled a bit.

"Hey Katelyn!" Nicole exclaimed, hugging me.

"Hi boo! Hi Jeffery!" I exclaimed to him.

"Hey Katie! This is Aphmau," he signaled to the girl, "she's staying here in O'Khasis for the summer!"

Aphmau looked at me still. Who knew what was going through her head. She hasn't said a word since I arrived.

"So where are you from?" I asked her.

"Oh! Um, I'm from Phoenix Drop! My friend Garroth is staying here too and I'm staying with his family!" She exclaimed. Her voice was really high but it wasn't annoying. It was soothing, like music to my ears.

"Nice, Nicole is actually from Scaleswind," I replied. Aphmau nodded and smiled. She has a very comforting smile.

"So what grade are you in?" She asked me.

"I'm going to be a senior next year," I told her. Her gaze softened.

"Really? I'm a senior too! Though I'm only 16," she said.

I gestured to Nicole and Jeffery. "They're all 16, I'm the only one here who's 17," I taunted.

"That doesn't mean you're more mature than us though!" Jeffery replied defensively. I stuck my tongue out at him.

I have the feeling that the summer will be a lot better with Aphmau around.