1.1

I walked home wearily with Garroth, him holding my hand tightly. The sandy blonde and I have been friends for years. He's really protective of me, since I moved in with him last year.

"Hey Garroth.." I said quietly. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Do you like Katelyn?" I asked him. He looked confused.

"She's really quiet and serious, but she's nice enough. Why do you ask?" He said.

"I want to get to know her better," I told him. Garroth nodded.

"She's, I don't know, different than most of the people I hang out with. We sit at the same table at lunch, since she's tight with Nicole and Jeffery, and I'm tight with them," he said.

"Tight?" I said jokingly.

"Yeah," Garroth mumbled, a bit flustered. I giggled as Garroth wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

As he did, out of the corner of my eye, I saw blue hair rushing by.

I looked behind me to see Katelyn racing in the opposite direction.

"Speak of the devil," I murmured. I starting running on the boardwalk, catching up to her after s few seconds. I nudged her arm.

"What?!" She said coldly. I raised an eyebrow,

"What's wrong? You look sad," I responded.

"Why do you need to know? This is a hard day for me, so stop trying the bigger person and leave me be," she retorted, agitated,

"Fine, but I'll walk you back home." I told her.

"I'm not going back home,"