1.0

Aphmau

I looked over at Katelyn who ran off to be with Nicole. I sighed as the small waves went around my ankles then back into the ocean. I could hear splashing as Laurence approached me.

"Hey Aph!" He said. I smiled a bit at his presence.

"Hi Laurance," I responded, running my fingers through my hair. Honestly, I have no interest in him, but he's nice to have around as a friend.

"Wanna get sno-cones?" He asked, throwing his arm on my shoulder. I nodded and we walked up the beach to a cart. He got raspberry and I got blueberry.

"So Laurance, what's Katelyn like?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Katelyn? She's not really that social from what I've seen. She usually just hangs out with Nicole and Jeffery," he said casually. I nodded, looking over at the bluenette again. She was wading in the water with Nicole, with a slightly sad look in her eyes. "She always acting super depressed though, I personally think she's doing it for attention," he went on.

"Why would she be doing it for attention?! You don't know her life, you don't know what she's been through," I retorted. You can tell by just looking at her she's been through a lot.

Laurence looked panicked. "I didn't mean to imply that way it's jus-"

"Save it." I groaned. I started walking away to see Katelyn again. I've met a lot of people here, but Katelyn is surely the most interesting one. She just is different, but not in a bad way. More in a 'I want to get to know you' way.

Katelyn looked over at me and smiled. The sun was already starting to set, as others climbed out of the water.

"Hey Katelyn," I said to her.

"Hey Aphie,"

"Wanna come and sit with me? We can watch the sunset," I asked.

"I'd like that." She sat down next to me, though her eyes still had the same dull and sad look in them.

We sat next to each other in silence, though it was a comfortable silence. I got study her features more. She has a thin frame, but still her hips flare out and her arms are toned. She has pretty high cheekbones and a thin nose, but her most striking feature are her blue eyes.

I smiled a bit and as the sun fell into the horizon, I realized that I liked this.

Maybe I liked it because of Katelyn.

But we're just friends... right?