1.2

I raised an eyebrow at Katelyn.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her. She groaned.

"I'm going out tonight. I do every year. You can come with me, I really don't care." I nodded and walked beside her. She started walking up the boardwalk, to the main road. We walked on the pavement there for about two miles, until we reached a bus stop.

Katelyn climbed on the bus, and I followed after her. Where were we going? I don't really know, but I don't want her going alone. We sat down at the back, and drove off for about two hours, until we reached a small meadow.

She walked out, her sandals crunching the dry grass. I followed closely behind her, the wind howling. It was nearly two am, but I know that Garroth has my back and will cover for me.

She started to gradually run, and I did too by her side. I had no idea where we were going but I didn't really care. Her presence makes me feel protected and safe. Katelyn reached her hand out for me. I locked my fingers around her's, as we approached a small creek.

We both climbed onto a fallen log, with names inscribed in it. I looked around the area were in, noticing the dry brush and falling leaves. There was a small pond, along with a dirt patch and a tombstone.

Then it hit me, that this is where Katelyn's mother was buried.