1.5

"Aphmau, I was talking about you earlier," Garroth spoke up after dinner. I looked at him with confusion. We were sitting on a bench by the shore.

"Earlier?" I responded.

"When you painted my nails... Damn it, I really like you Aphmau!" He groaned in frustration. I was a bit taken aback by his response. He stared at me for a moment, the two of us breathless. "I-I've felt this way for a while now,"

I gave him a sympathetic gaze, but I think he may have misinterpreted it, because in a split second, our lips had met and I was kissing back.

I pulled away quickly, flabbergasted partly at myself for that. I made it so clear to myself that I didn't like Garroth. Well, I technically did have feelings for him, but not feelings as intense as his were.

"Garroth, I can't return those feelings," I told him softly, not meeting his eyes.

He froze and pushed me away lightly. Our eyes met, and I couldn't manage to look at him as his bright blue eyes dulled.

"I never should have followed your advice Aphmau," he whispered as he quickly ran off.

What just happened?

I stared out behind me and saw a head of blue hair. Katelyn glared at me.

"Is that what you are good at Aphmau, breaking hearts?" Katelyn spoke up.

I looked at her shocked and opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out.

It was that very moment I realized these warm feelings I had for Katelyn were not just those of friendships, that our relationship was anything but platonic.

And that I could strangely relate to Garroth right about now.