Pine Springs Temptation

Chapter 3

I woke up in a cold sweat. What the hell was that? I never dream about wolves chasing me, it must be the howl I heard last night. Since I couldn't sleep I grab my yoga pants and a tank top and my Nike shoes and ran down stairs for a run . Since it was only five thirty I was hoping Joel wouldn't be up. I didn't want to have to deal with him this early in the morning.

The morning air was a little cool, but I knew I would be warm with a few minutes. I did my stretches and put my ear phones it and I took off in a sprint. Once I was warm up enough I started into a jog. The park with near by so I ran to it. The sun was just starting to come up by the time I came to the lake by the park. It was so peaceful I knew this would be my special place to go.

Right when I was about to head back I heard "princess what are you doing out so early?" I didn't even have to turn around. I knew it was Mr. Moody in the flesh. "Hey Seth just out for a run." He didn't say much at first. I was wondering if he was surprise I knew his name.

"Well I will see you around". I turn to leave, but he caught me by the arm. A hundred little tingles went through my body. He bent his head to my ear and whisper "princess be careful". Then he let go and ran off. I was in a daze for a minute then I snap out of it and said "what the hell just happen".

I walk back to my house curious why he always calls me princess and why when he touch me I never wanted him to let go. Which is weird because I don't like him, or do I? Of course I don't, he is Mr. moody. He don't even like me, but why did he say be careful, and what am I suppose to be watching out for?

I was so deep in thought I didn't see Joel into I ran into him. "Oh I am sorry", but when I look up I see who it was I wanted to run the other direction. "Hey I was just coming by to see if you wanted to go for that run, but it looks like you are just finishing". He look disappointed which I felt bad so I told him I got up early. "I had a nightmare so I woke up early. Sorry I didn't want to wake up at five thirty". "That is fine, but I wish you had it is dangerous for you to be out before daylight."

What in the world did he mean by that. I thought this was a safe neighborhood? "Ok thanks but I can take care of myself." He grab by my arm not in a violent way, but I was still taken by surprise. "Delilah you never know what lurks in the shadows." He then let go of me and ran off in the other direction. What was it with the guys around telling me to be careful then running off? Don't they know that confuses a girl?

I walk into the house and I see my mom in the kitchen cooking breakfast, but she was humming while she was doing it. It has been awhile since I have seen her this happy. "Good morning mom". "Hey sweetie you already went for your run?" "Yeah I have been up since five thirty." "You just miss Joel." "I ran into him". "Maybe next time he can go with you". I wasn't even going to compliment. Because what was the use she was still going to try to push me towards Joel. Maybe it was time I found a boyfriend.

I ran up and took a shower. After I was finished with my morning routine I walk down stairs to find Lizzie siting at the table with mom. "Hey Lizzie, what are you doing here so early?" "Good morning Delilah , I came to kidnapped you for a day", said Lizzie exciting. "Sounds like fun, what did you have in mind?"

Lizzie's idea of fun was going shopping, getting our nails done, and going to the spa. "Thanks Lizzie this has been fun." "Hey why don't you stay over at my house tonight", said Lizzie? "Ok let me go by my house and ask mom and get some clothes. When I came in the house mom was home, but she bought home some unwanted guests.

"Mom I am home, is it ok if I---but my sentence was cut short when I walked into the living room and saw who was sitting on the couch. Joel and his father immediately got up when I walk into the room. "Delilah it is good to see you again", said Dave. "Yeah like wise". "Mom is it ok if I stay at Lizzie's tonight?" "Yeah but first the guys are taking us out to eat", said Mollie.

You got to be kidding, why do I have to double date with my mother? "Mom", but the look she gave me was I better not say no. "Thanks let me go tell Lizzie," I said with a fake smile. Deep down I wanted to scream this wasn't fair.

"Lizzie can I meet you at your house later? There is something I need to do first." "Yeah that is fine I will send a car for you it is kind of hard finding my house", said Lizzie. Supper was nice, they took mom and me to a nice restaurant. It was just a little awkward. I had to wear a dress, and it was a little low neck so Joel keep eyeing me up and down.

After they drop us off at home I called Lizzie and she said the car would be there in a few minutes. Heidi came in my room and asked "how was the double date?" "Don't ask". "That bad", she said laughing. Right when I was about to tell her how awkward it was I heard a honk. I grab my bag and ran down the stairs. Walking up to the car I notice it was a black corvette. The closer I got the more nervous I got. The door open and out step, no other than Mr. Moody. "Princess this is a nice surprise, I didn't know you were the girl that my sister has been talking about". What a minute did he just say sister? I am doom, how am I going to be able to stay in the same house with him over night?