Pine Springs Temptation

Chapter 5

I woke up and took in my surroundings. I had to stop and remember where I was. I look at my phone and the clock read five. Lizzie was still sleeping peacefully. Since I knew I couldn't go back to sleep after that hot dream I just had, I tiptoe down stairs to get a glass of water. I was hoping that would help cool me down some. If it didn't I was considering going to wake Seth up and make my dream come true.

As I was making my way down stairs I was trying to be as quite as a mouse, but for some reason quite was never in my vocabulary. Since it was dark and I am clumsy I didn't see that first step, but I didn't fall on my face because strong arms went around me. "Princess I can see you are going to need my assistance in more ways than one". "Good morning Seth I was trying to be quite so I wouldn't wake anyone." "I just got in". Oh probably slept over at some girl's house.

"I wasn't where you think I was". "Oh I was thinking--but once again I get cut off. "We will talk more in the later morning, princess". Then he kiss me on my head and that surprise the hell out of me. "Good night princess, if you go for a run make sure you stay on the path. It is safer that way". What did he mean by that, but I didn't get to ask, because he went to his room.

After I found my way to the kitchen I decided I would take a run. I walk upstairs and surprising I found my way without falling or running into anyone. After I changed I walk outside, it was a little chilling so I put my jacket over my tank top. I had my yoga shorts on so I knew I wouldn't get to hot.

The path he told me stay on with lighted. I put my earphones in and started my jog. The trail end at the lake, it was so nice to see the sun rise over it. "It is beautiful isn't it?" I turn and was shock when I came face to face with Joel.

"You look surprise to see me". "I am a little because I thought you said you live down the street for me." "My dad lives down the street from you, mom lives down the road. I like to run down to the lake when I stay with her." "Oh that is good that you still close to both parents." "Delilah are you close to your dad?"

What was I suppose to say? Should I tell the truth or lie? "Not really I haven't seen him since I was two." "I am sorry to hear that", said Joel with sympathy. "It is ok it was a long time ago, I probably didn't miss much." "Maybe one day you will have a great father in law". "Yeah I hope so". Just when I was about to tell him I was going to head back, we heard a howl in the distant.

Seth's POV

After seeing Delilah I had to go take a cold shower. Even early in the morning she was beautiful. I know I surprise her when I kiss her, but my wolf couldn't wait any longer to kiss its mate. He loves her so much, I was hoping she wouldn't reject us when she finds out the truth about me. My wolf would be devastated if she wouldn't accept us.

Running the territory was tiring. All I wanted to do after my shower was go to bed and dream about Delilah. Right when I laid my head down Jeremy howled. He was telling us another wolf was on our territory. I had to hurry because I was afraid Delilah might be outside. I wanted to protect her at all cost.

Lizzie comes running out of her room in a hurry. "Seth I can't find Delilah." "I think she is out for run, but I told her if she did to stay on the path." "Don't worry I am going to get her in case the trespasser gets hostile."

"Delilah I am sorry I shouldn't had come", said Joel. "I saw you, and I had to come say hello". "That is fine, should I be scared? That howl seem close." "He won't hurt you. I will see you soon". Joel then turn and ran off. That was strange. Right when I was about to turn back I hear "princess are you ok?"

"Hey Seth", but when I turn around I meet Seth and a huge brown wolf. In stand of screaming I fainted. I know I shouldn't had, but I was so scared it was about to eat me, which was crazy because obviously it was Seth's watch dog. The last thing I heard before I went into a peaceful sleep was Seth telling me I was safe and he would always protect me. The question was what was he protecting me from?