Chapter Fifteen

Be Dave

Why?

Because it's the last Chapter and they need to know how Dave feels.

Ohh~

I was just as shocked as Karkat. I can't believe I just stabbed, and killed, Kanaya. "I... Are you okay?" I started having Karkat. He only nodded. "HOW COULD KANAYA FUCKING DO THIS? LIKE HOLY SHIT BITCH!" He giggled at the end, so I laughed too.

I leaned into him and started kissing his plump lips, that I haven't touched in what feels like years. He pulled away and looked at Kanaya. "SHOULD WE TELL ROSE?" I shook my head.

"Oh yeah let's go tell my sister that we killed her girlfriend, just because she turned her back away from us, after kidnapping us." He rolled his eyes. "OK I FUCKING GET IT. SO WHAT DO WE TELL EVERYONE? " I shrugged. "Tell them that someone broke in while we were hanging out and we hid, but Kanaya didn't." He nodded.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I lay next to Karkat, his small breathes making me tired. We just told told everyone about Kanaya, and it didn't run so well. A lot of them blamed me for not protecting her, or leaving her behind to save Karkat. But Karkat didn't get blamed. They called him a "Poor Baby".

"Dave.." Karkat mumbled. "Yea?" He didn't answer, and I realized that he was asleep. Aww. He was dreaming about me. He's just too cute! I lay there staring at him forever until his eyes jolted awake. "Karkat, are you okay?" I asked but he just sat there, frozen in time.

"KARKAT!?" I pulled the blankets off of us and saw blood stains through his black sweater. I pulled up his shirt and saw a stab wound."OH HELL NO!" I said up and dialed 911.

"Hello?.... My boyfriend needs help help... he was stabbed... just hurry up FEFERI!" I yelled and hung up. I picked up Karkat and carried him downstairs. "Good on baby, I'll be right back."

I ran upstairs to the room and shut the door. "Come out." I spoke calmly. I heard shuffles, then Jade came out from under our bed. "Jade what the fuck!?" I said "I was working with I Kanaya! She made me do it! I liked you and she liked Karkat!" She squealed happily. "We killed Kanaya! Why the hell did you stab Karkat?!!" She shrugged.

"Cause it's fun!" I heard sirens in the background and she scooted closer to the window. "Jade-" she jumped out before I could finish my sentence. I shook it off and went back downstairs with Karkat.

"Dave... am I...gonna...die?" He said taking deep breathes in as I took him outside. "No! No you won't die! Everything will be just fine." I said, But I didn't know if I was talking to him or myself. He nodded and stated shaking. The ambulance stopped and I carried him onto the bed thing.

"Holy shit." Feferi said. I nodded and gave her the not-helping look. "Not helping!" I half yell half whisper. She nodded and we wheeled him into the ambulance truck.

~~~~~Timeskip brought to you by Dean Winchester~~~~~

I stood over Karkats now freshly buried grave. I was waiting for everyone else to leave before I covered the coffin in the dark brown dirt next to a shovel. I picked up some dirt that lay on his coffin. But quickly put it back down once I saw a baby snake hiding.

"I, um.. I was hoping that you would be alive for... me to tell you this but, I guess this will do..." multiple tears raced down my face as I pulled out a small piece of paper from my Jean pocket.

(Just saying I found this on Google so shout out to whoever made this!)

"Um.. it's called 'Deep As The Rose Is Red'.." I stuttered. "I made it while waiting for you in the hospital." I cleared my throat and leaned down, sitting on the ground next to his corpse.

"I'll give you my heart;I'll open it up,
Will you listen to its small voice?
For soft and quiet my heart will speak,
To the one I live with my life." I bit my lip as more tears poured down my face. I gulped and choked down small sobs.

"Did you hear it dear? Did you listen well?
Do you understand what it said?
For deep is the love that speaks to you,
Deep as the roses are red."

I smile a smidge at the memories of when we first kissed. How cute he looked when I had to watch him as he bathed.

I folded the piece of paper back up and opened the coffin. Karkat looked so peaceful. I sighed, placing the note under his folded hands. Walking away slowly, whispering the last of the poem to him in the clouds above.

"So, take my heart and treat it well,
And forever in this life,
Come walk: walk with me, your hand in mine,
For, you, the one I love with my life.

~Dave Strider~"

•The end•

Hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! I know we've had some tough times in the process of this book but it was all worth it in he end! I love you all and maybe I'll see you soon in some of my other stories.

•~Bethany_21_~•