-3-

EVES POV

2 WEEKS LATER

Just as I'm finishing up at work and about to leave I see a text come up on the screen of my phone, a text from Chris;

Chris 😸
Hey xo

Chris and I have been getting quite close in the last couple of weeks. Jakob asked me out last week but I declined as I think I have feelings for Chris. Jakob and I have still become good friends though.

Eve☀️
Heyy xxoo

Chris and I have been texting and seeing each other as much as possible, especially before school goes back because we go to 2 totally different schools.

Chris😸
Wanna hang out tonight?

Eve☀️
Sure!!! What you wanna do?

Chris😸
Well I thought we do something special? Beach?  xxxooo

Eve☀️
Ok:) I'm here now xxxxoooo

Chris😸
Be there in 1o 💞

I decide to get myself a milkshake from the shop I work at, which is right on the beach. I was planning on going down for a surf after work anyway. I grab my milkshake then I walk down to a log, barriering off the beach and the carpark with all my bags and surfboard in hand.

I soon see Chris' dad, Peter's car pull up next to where I'm sitting, a happy Chris jumps out with a bag and surfboard. I stand up then we both decide to go down to the water as Peter drives away. We put our bags down, get undressed so we have our swimmers on then we get down to business and start waxing our boards. After 10 minutes of waxing our boards we run into the water. I sit on the board when I'm far enough out and wait for some waves to come. The tide was quite low at the moment but it was starting to get windier which meant that there should be some beauties coming up soon. I see a big wave coming up so I get ready, I paddle up to it when I'm close enough I stand my self up. I see Chris way behind me which means we won't clash. I ride the wave with my hands out to keep balance, it starts to feel a little unsteady then I fall. I get dunked by the water and as soon as I see the wave has passed, I push myself back up to the waters surface. I see my board a few metres away so I swim over to it. I get back up and see Chris looking at me from further in the water. I paddle my board over to him and sit in front of him.

"I like your strategy" he says as we look into each other's eyes, he has a sparkle in his eyes, it must be the reflection from the water. I look down and smile at his comment. I feel his hand under my chin and he lifts my head up, I look back into his eyes and he starts leaning his head towards mine, I do the same. Just as our faces were inches apart I start to hear the sound of rushing water, he then leans in and kisses me right on the lips. The wave then comes over and were being pulled into shore. Chris then wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me into him so we don't drift apart. When were under the water he lets go of me and we push ourselves back up to the surface, only to be again only inches apart.

***

Chris and I are on the bus on our way back my house. We decided that he'd spend the night at my house. He's never actually met my mum because the one time he came to my house she was spending some time with her boyfriend, but turned into the night so I was left with just my sister because Chris had to leave.

We get off the bus and walk back to my house. As were walking I look up and see the clouds are getting darker and darker, I then feel mine and Chris' hand brush against the other. I can feel my cheeks getting hotter and hotter. Chris then looks at me and I look back up so he doesn't see my tomato face. He then grabs my hand and I look down to see him smiling his signature smile.

We soon get to my house and we walk up the steep driveway and I let the both of us in. My mum works 5 days a week from 9am till around 7pm but sometimes never comes home as she spends a lot of time at her boyfriends. Today is Friday, ahhhh, there's only a week left of school holidays which totally sucks.

I let both Chris and I into my house, as soon as I walk in I look at the clock above the tv in the front room, 5:15pm. We both go up to my room and decide on having showers, Chris in the main, myself in my mums ensuite. My sister isn't home yet, which isn't surprising.

***

A few hours later, Jade has returned  home but my mum has not. Should I call her? I excuse myself from Chris and hit my mums contact number, I bring the phone up to my ear and listening to the ringing, but it just goes to voicemail. Where could she be? It's around 9 and she's normally home by now or she would have texted me.

"Jade where's mum?" I ask my sister as she walks out of her room.

"I don't know, isn't she home yet?" I shake my head "have you tried calling her?" I nod my head, she lets out a big sigh "what's the date today?" She asks

"Ahhhh" I check the date by turning my phone on and looking at the date, just under the time. "It's the 21st of January"

"Of course, I know where she is" she says, my face lights up knowing she's ok. "She's gone with a few friends to a night club, today's the 10 year anniversary of Dad walking out" she steps towards the bathroom, before she closes the door, she whispers something, I think she said "expect a drunk mum home at about 3am" I chuckle at her comment and walk back into my room. Sitting next to Chris on my bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask Chris, looking up from my phone. He nods his head like a crazy maniac, I giggle at his actions and lift myself up from my bed. I turn the tv on from the side and grab my XBox controller, I replace myself back where I was laying on my bed, only this time Chris has his arm behind my head.

We decide on Hairspray, as the movie starts I shuffle around, comforting myself, with my head on Chris' shoulder, when I stop wriggling round Chris puts his arm around me and places his hand on the side of my hip. Being in the moment, I place my hand on his chest and begin to properly concentrate on the movie.

When the credits start rolling neither Chris or myself have moved a bit, I know for sure I'm definitely comfortable and I hope he is too and that he can still feel his arm. I can feel his breath against my soft, just washed hair, I can feel him looking down at me, I look up and I was definitely right, Chris there looking at me with his big beautiful brown eyes, which anyone could die for. I stare into his eyes, he does the same to me, I lift myself up and bring my face closer to his, soon all I can feel is breath against my skin and his heart nearly beating out of his chest. I can feel my heart racing, I can hear the clock ticking, my head telling me to hurry up and just suck his face off already, but that would be embarrassing. I feel a smile playing on my lips, that's when he does it, he leans in and kisses me right there, right now, right on the lips.

"Eve?" Chris says my name as I pull away to take a breath, I give him a small 'Mmm' back whilst I stare at his gorgeous face, smiling like crazy. "Would you maybe wanna go on a date with me?" He looks me straight in the eyes, I let my face go straight, scaring him a little. I bring my face to his ear and whisper a small 'of course'.