Chapter# 7

"Mano, what are you doing?"Kanwal asked, looking at the stairs so she won't fall from Mahnoor's dragging.

"We are going to take a selfie."Mohanoor answered excitedly and kept dragging her.

"On the rooftop at night? It will be dark." Being alone with Mahnoor at her home is fun but Kanwal would never guess the crazy ideas she has in her mind. That's why Kanwalis always a bit hesitant about doing as Mahnoor says.

"Just be quiet and come. It's not dark there, we have lights."

"But why do you suddenly want to take a selfie?"

"Awain."Mahnoor replied and Kanwal sighed, avoiding of asking more questions.

Once they got on the roof, Mahnoor took out her mobile phone and took more than a single selfie.

"Ary...!" Mahnoor shrieked, making Kanwal jump in surprise. "Yar, wait here. I think I left the stove open. I will be right back."Mahnoor said and rushed towards the stairs.

"Oye! What will I do here alone? I am coming too."Kanwal shouted and starts taking steps to follow Mahnoor and abruptly halted as her eyes saw the figure coming up from the stairs.

Kanwal's eyes forgot to blink and her heartbeats start to accelerate when she saw Ahad approaching her with his usual mischievous smile.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" He said in a hushed voice, standing in front of her.

"Wa-Wallaikum Assalam."Kanwal mumbled, lowering her eyes, unable to meet his gaze and a blush start to creep over her face.

"Surprised to see me here?"Ahad asked, with a smug look and Kanwal nodded in response.

"How did you know I was here?" She inquired.

"Ummm... Actually, both Mahnoor and I planned this meeting." He answered, sliding his hands into his pocket and Kanwal's head snapped towards the stairs where Mahnoor went, but she found the criminal herself there standing and showing her thumbs up.

Wahiyat Insaan!
(A foul person)

"Oh! She is here. Guarding us, your chowkidaar (Gatekeeper/ guard)."Ahad said, turning his face to Mahnoor. "I don't understand. Is she overprotective of you or doesn't trust me?"

"She trusts you."Kanwal abruptly denies his assumption. Ahad turned back to Kanwal and chuckle.

"Her presence there says something else."

"Listen, if you guys are planning to have a long chat, then I will be downstairs."Mahnoor shouted from her place.

"Sure."

"No."

Both Ahad and Kanwal said at the same time.

But Mahnoor chose to ignore what Kanwal said and went down saying, "Take your time, lovebirds."

Kanwal's jaw dropped open and quickly closed it back, remembering her fiancé is standing in front of her, observing every movement of hers.

"So... she really does trust me."Lowering his face to Kanwal, he continues, "What are you going to do Kanwal, now that your Chowkidaar is gone."

Startled by his nearness, Kanwal quickly took a step back.

"You haven't told me why you are here..." She asked.

"So cold, Kanwal... Is this the way you talk to your fiancé?"

"I wouldn't have talked to you like that if you have come to meet me in front of everyone."