Chapter # 34

Unedited.

"What are you seeking?" Asked Moosa staring at Ahad, as he was checking the new weapon given to him for trial.

"I don't know yet." He answered aiming at the target before him.

"You've been with us for more than a year and I am still not able to fully understand you."

"Do not concern yourself with me. You are my commander, so just order me around, use me and throw me away when I m not needed."

"I don't care whether you think of me as your commander or not but my men aren't just my subordinate, including you."

Ahad didn't respond to his comment and kept shooting his target.

"Ahad, have you ever thought of avenging your friend's death?"

"So many times that I have lost the count."

"Then why are you hesitating? You know I won't stop you."

"It is not the right time."

"One of the attackers is under my custody." Moosa informed to check his reaction.

"As I said, it's not the right time. There is no point to cut the stem when the roots are still in the ground. I want to rip out those roots from the soil along with the whole plat."

Moosa said after a while, "...Then I will dig out that root for you. Consider this as a promise."

"Sorry, but it's my business, why would you do that?" Ahad turned to him.

Moosa silently grabbed a gun from the showcase near him and stood beside Ahad and aimed for the same target.

"Are you... disappointed?" Asked Ahad, when Moosa didn't answer him.

"About?"

"For questioning your reason and not taking the opportunity."

"Not at all. I respect your decision and wanted to see how you manage things." Moosa gave him a calculating look.

"...I don't want to be blinded by revenge." Ahad leaned to the wall behind him.

"Hm?"

There were few moments of silence between them before Ahad said, "It was that day...."

"The day you came into the bank and killed the Akthar aka Kali Topi (black hat)... everything has changed after that day. You might know that I wasn't able to complete my internship because of the incident of Arsalan and physically I wasn't in the condition to continue it. Therefore, I gave up and started the job in that bank. It was my third month there when I first saw you in the bank talking to our manager and after two days you suddenly barged in and killed Kali Topi without paying any heed to others. It seems that you or your men didn't care if the police were to come and arrest you guys... I was scared and worried about my life and as well as others. So I gather up my courage and manage to slip out of the bank since my desk was near to the exit. I ran towards the ATM booth to hide but stopped when my eyes landed on the security guard lying unconscious on the floor. I panicked and thought of running away, like any other sane person. Instead, I took out my phone to call the police. At that moment my hand was grabbed by someone and that person was none other than the guard who was lying on the floor a moment ago. 'Kiya ker rahe ho Sahab (What are you doing mister)? Police won't do anything thing. These guys don't kill innocent people, let them take care of Kali Topi and quickly ran away.' With that, he jerked my hand and lay on the floor again closing his eyes. And then, I... I really ran away."

He paused for a moment and looked at Moosa who was listening to him carefully.

"But I didn't go far and took shelter in the nearby shop to prevent myself from the rain. I remember myself shivering badly from fear I guess. The shopkeeper offered me a chair and also a cup of tea. Finally, after a few long minutes, I find myself calming down. I told the whole situation to the shopkeeper and asked him to call the police but just like the security guard, he refused to do it. I was asked to stay put and that's exactly what I did. Later the news of Kali Topi being murdered spread like a wildfire and every single person I met was happy to hear about it."