Chapter # 32

Unedited.

"Hello, Kanwal. Its been a while." Natasha came straight towards Kanwal and hugged her.

"Assalam o Alaikum." Kanwal Salam her in confused state.

"Wallaikum Assalam. How are you? Why haven't you come to visit me? Doesn't Ahad allow it? Is he treating you nicely? Tell me if-"

"Now now Nats, don't try to spoil my peaceful relation with her." Holding Natasha from shoulder Ahad pulled her away from Kanwal.

"Why you are being defensive all of the sudden?"

"I am not being defensive, I just want to you realize that there is another person who is standing behind you." Ahad said tilting his head towards Shahina, who was standing straight staring them with a blank look.

"Oh, I am sorry." Natasha freed herself from Ahad grip and walked over to her.

"Why are you standing here? Salam your Bhabi (brother's wife)." Natasha patted her back and she mumbled Salaam to Kanwal.

"Wallaikum Assalam, Shahina. How are you?" Kanwal tried to give her best smile. She doesn't know how to treat her. In answer, she mumbled something which Kanwal couldn't hear but she refrains herself from asking her.

Before their arrival, Ahad told a few things about Shahina and her traumatizing past. He also mentioned the fact that she is still unable to shook off the terror from her mind. What he said doesn't need any proof, her timid personality and empty eyes speak for her. Kanwal has also noticed how cautious Ahad is with her like she was a doll of thin glass that will break into pieces at any moment if manhandled. At first, she got irritated with his attitude but after knowing this girl a bit Kanwal had no choice but to change her perspective and now she was also one of those people who care for her.

"I hope you won't mind if I stayed for a night here." Said Natasha in her usual cheerful tone.

"Not at all, you are always welcome." Kanwal answered.

"Ahad can you put my stuff on Shahina's room? I will be staying with her." Natasha said and turn to Shahina who was standing silently, "You go with Ahad Bhai and put your stuff in the room." Shahina nodded in response and start following Ahad who already making his way to her room.

"She will be staying here for some time. I hope you don't have a problem with it." Natasha said as Kanwal led her to the living room.

"Why would I have a problem with a faint-hearted girl like her?" Asked Kanwal with a small smile.

According to Kanwal's intuition, Natasha was a person who somehow has an upper hand on Ahad and for her the only person who might have answers to the questions she had. The things Yawar told her was more or less already known to her. What she wants to know is the reason for Ahad joining the Black Eagles.

"...Because she is a faint-hearted girl. Most people can't stand a person like her."

"I am not one of them, so don't worry." Kanwal smiled.

"Has Ahad told you about being her guardian?"

"Yes, but... today he told me that her parents are alive then why...?"

"Because she can't go back... or you can say it is impossible for her to go back and live the life of a normal girl."

"Is it... because of her past?"

"Yes."

"What happened to her?"

"I thought Ahad have told you already."