Chapter # 21

He couldn't take his eyes off of Kanwal as she gazed at the huge fountain before them. Her long hairs, which she left untied was dancing with the breeze, covering her face from time to time. The lights of the fountain were reflecting in her lost eyes. She has been like this since yesterday when Ahad told her about Moosa. He gave her some space all day and finished all the important work that needed to be done. For dinner, he took her out with him to a luxurious hotel in the city. But nothing fascinated her here, she remained lost in her thoughts like before.

Ahad has huge shares in this hotel, that's why he was allowed to have the whole dining hall to himself. It caused an immense loss to their business, but to Ahad, once in a while, people should take such risks for people they love. There was still time before dinner is served, therefore he brought Kanwal outside so she could enjoy the view of the dancing fountain.

Slowly reaching towards her, Ahad holds Kanwal's hand. Her head snapped towards him and then to their hands. She didn't pull her hand away nor make a displeased face. Ahad really enjoyed the soft touch of Kanwal's hands, that's why he always holds her hand while she sleeps. He intervened his finger with hers and leaves the place to show her the rest of the venue.

Ahad kept talking to Kanwal about the place and she silently followed him wherever he took her. She couldn't digest anything he said as her mind went numb after thinking so much and what she hated the most is that she couldn't come up with any solution or any idea on what she should do. How to save her best friend from this world, from Moosa Khan. A shiver ran through her body as she recalls Moosa. He didn't talk to her, but his voice and his presence were enough to scare her on their Walima ceremony when Ahad introduced him to her. That was the first time Kanwal saw him, before that she had only heard of how fearsome he was, she never doubted any of those stories and after meeting him and observing Ahad in the past few weeks, she got a very good idea on how Moosa Khan could be. He was a nightmare to the people of her town, the leader of Black Eagles and Kanwal was convinced that his reputation was not wrong. Suddenly she started to feel suffocated even in open space, thinking of what will happen to her Mano.

"Are you alright?"Ahad turned to her and ask. She nodded in response but didn't say anything.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"....Kanwal, you are thinking too much." Ahad stared at her as she tugged strands of hair behind her ear which was running wild because of wind.

"I wouldn't think too much if I were able to do something."

"Something like?"

"Stopping your leader from destroying Mano's life."

"Look, I understand that to you our profession cannot be justified by any means, but work isn't everything a person needs in life and Moosa possesses many qualities. He will take care of Mahnoor, she will be happy with him."

"You think she would be happy after knowing that her father is being threatened because of her?"

"Uncle won't tell him. I am sure of it."

"And you think Mano won't inquire about it?" She frowned.

"Can't we just stop discussing Mahnoor and Moosa for awhile?"

"I don't care about Moosa or anyone else. He can go to hell for all I care, but I am worried about my friend. She doesn't deserve a man like him."

"Listen Kanwal, and listen carefully. Both you and I cannot do anything about it. Even Mahnoor can't do anything about it. If Moosa thinks that her life is in danger or she will be snatched away from him, he will not hesitate to take any extreme step. And if you are really worried about her well-being, then pray that everything went smoothly. Uncle accepts Moosa's proposal and they get married. It will be best for Mahnoor and her family."